Help! Iscan HD has 'lost' DVI

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by binbag, Nov 3, 2005.

1. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I recently got a HD+ to replace my HD from a private sale. When I got it home I found that it had problems in that it would only display DVI on passthru - nothing else. After trying different firmwares it has settled on only having an analog output via VGA with DVI iput showing a less than perfect COM2 image as DVI passthru.

When I put my HD back in I found that it had no DVI image on my PJ (Screenplay 4805). Neither did connecting my non HDCP DVD player and both I scans directly by a 1m DVI cable. My HD works as it did before on VGA.

I'm thinking the duff HD+ has somehow disabled the DVI on the projector (HDCP?) and that why I have no DVI image. Has anyone else come across this situation and how can it be resolved. I've followed all the instructions from DVDO thus far to no avail. Me and the guy I bought the HD+ are getting together this weeked to try and resolve this but any input would be welcome.

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Is it your DVI settings on HD+? Have you reset scaler to factory defaults?

StooMonster

3. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Yep! And I remembered to set the output back to DVIV/P afterwards. As I've changed nothing on my HD it must be the cable or the PJ. The 4805 isn't detecting DVI from the non HDCP DVI DVD player via a 1m DVI-D cable. In fact when its connected the Yamakawa 365 freezes until the cable is pulled out.

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    But if DVI passthrough works then it looks like it's neither the cable nor the projector with the problem.

Is there a PC you can plug into projector to further test cable and projector, and prove this is the case?

StooMonster

5. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    DVI passthru is what comes up on the info screen on the HD+ when DVI input is selected. The output is VGA and the image on screen is COM2 wobbling slightly. There is no DVI signal found by the PJ from either Iscan - and I've changed nothing on my HD.

I have no other DVI device to output to, or from. Thats a lot of what Saturday will be about.

6. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    No resolution but some further info:

This first manifested itself on the original owners Panny 700 PJ when he connected a modded Xbox via his HD+. Once it's DVI stopped working he switched to VGA. Panasonic were apparently unable to restore his DVI input. Then it came my way and all that was described above happened. He's got it back and I've got a refund and the missing DVI to find. :mad:

This morning I borrowed a neighbours DVI monitor to see what was going on. From my HD via 9m Bettercable all I get is a RED image, via 10m Lindy Premium DVI all I get is a BLUE image and the 1m Ixos gives me a green image (all DVI-D). I reloaded the firmware and it made no change. The 4805 still can't locate the DVI signal in any colour and VGA works perfectly on both monitor and PJ.

This is really baffling as the HD was working perfectly prior to the HD+ malarky and it's only connection to the HD+ is that they've both been plugged into the same sources and display. What is going on?