1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Is the Panasonic X70 really any good?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 7, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I may be getting a new phone from a friend - the Panasonic X70 - but on the Net, I am getting very mixed reviews. One side says it's the best phone ever from Panasonic. The other side, say it's riddled with problems, and basically the worst phone in existance, and to avoid it like the plague! Understandably, I'm feeling a bit :confused:.

Would anyone like to offer me some advice as to whether it's really good or really a pile of undercrackers, and some decent Uk mobile phone magazine reviews that may be available online.

Thanking you, in advance.

Pooch

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My gf is hoping to get one this week, she seems very keen (though perhaps that is solely based on looks). If she gets it I will give it a good once over :)

ad

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    after owning the gd87 and being very happy with it i was interested to see what improvements they would make to the new version.my mate got one and i have to say i prefer the gd87,the backlit keys are poorly lit the menu system is a nightmare imho and the phone itself just is not as polished as it should be.they have included bluetooth and java though which is a huge improvement over the gd87 but i just dont know,i just wasnt as impressed the first time i seen it and used it as i was with the gd87.maybe i was expecting to much i just dont know but im glad i didnt get it as my backup phone.its now between a nokia6230 or a SE630 the only prob is i love the action of the flip phones the just look so much smarter IMHO.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have an X70 but a mate in the trade told me today they are discontinued!!

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had the TE630 and could get along with it..... buttons are right beside each other so i found messaging tough and the memory was dire (I had to delete messages! With previous phones It took me to have way more than a thousand before the memory filled). Additonally the camera was carp and i found the phone was just slow in response to commands.

I traded for a nokia 6600 (no 6230's available) and so far so good. Good old nokias :)

ad

6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    6230 it is then,i really do prefer peoples reviews to magazine/shop reviews,its a completely different situation when YOU have spent your cash on a phone and then have to live with it rather than a simple one off review.cheers buns ;)