1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! iPod woes...but HD5 not available in Canada

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Grimfarrow, Jun 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Grimfarrow

Grimfarrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been deprived of a portable music device ever since my 40GB iPod (2G) died on me 3 months back. I've had it for 1 year and 3 months be fore it went kaputt... Which means Apple won't cover it. So I sent it back, and it'll cost me around CDN$370 (over US$300) to replace it...with no warranty or anything else. Obviously I'm very unhappy about this.

But what are my choices? I have over 30GB of music, and Apple doesn't make 40GBs anymore. Should I risk having the replacement break down after three months, then re-buy the whole damn thing again at CDN$370? Or just get a smaller 20GB one?

I've been seriously considering getting Sony's NW-HD5 instead...but here's the dilemma. Sony doesn't sell their NW-HD line AT ALL in Canada. Which means if I want one, I'll have to import it from the US. Which means that, again, I have no warranty. AHHHHH!!!

So what should I do? It seems that every option I turn to just spits at me on my face. And I'm unhappy enough with iPods to swear off them (except for the iTunes, which is a mega-ton times better than SonicStage). Any help would be appreciated.