Help - Iomega HDD drive and Filevault problem

Veni Vidi Vici

Hi

Im hoping someone can help. I have a 13" macbook with Firewire 400 port.
I have bought an Iomega eGo 500gb (Mac edition) external HDD which can use USB 2, Firewire 400 & 800

I plugged it in via Firewire 400 and it backed up. I enabled Time Machine as well. After it backed up it said that because FileVault was turned on it couldn't copy these files over. Being a novice to macs I must have enabled FileVault when I bought it. This meant all the files I want backed up (music mainly) were not. I then turned off FileVault which took about an hour and when it rebooted my mac no longer recognises the Iomega HDD and it won't back up. The Time Machine just says 'backup disk unavailable'

I cannot see to access anything on the HDD or get it to do anything. Can anyone help please?

Veni Vidi Vici

Sorted it. Clicked on 'stop back up' in the TM settings (even though it wasn't doing anything) and that done the trick. Phew. While Im here does anyone know how to change the frequency of backups on Time Machine?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom