1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Infocus 5700 + DVI woes

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by venkman, Oct 27, 2003.

1. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm now tearing my hair out over this and have ran out of ideas :mad: :mad:

If I run DVI from my newly built pc to my infocus 5700, the projector does not display a picture when you switch to the digital input. Doesn't even say that the signal is out of range, just displays a blank screen. A signal is being outputted - I have tried the computer with an LCD monitor (using the same DVI cable) and it works. Just in case, I also tried a 2m DVI cable instead of a 5m one, but it made no difference.

PC spec:
    XP2500
    Abit NF7-S rev 2
    512mb ram
    Radeon 9000 AIW
    Windows XP Pro

I have tried the drivers that came with the graphics card with no success. Also tried new drivers from the ATI site, but no joy. Following the recommendation of powering up the pj and then the pc makes no difference. I’ve tried different resolutions, mainly 1024x768 at various refresh rates, hide modes this monitor can't display is unchecked. Nothing will produce an image on the projector.

I did manage to get a picture using VGA, but nothing from DVI. Interestingly, I tried my everyday pc (matrox g550 graphics card) via DVI @1024x768 60Hz and it worked! I even got 1024x576 to work. Could this indicate a driver issue with the radeon?

Ideas anyone???
    Peter

2. msrx7mh3

msrx7mh3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I too seem to have this problem. Until I went away for the weekend, the DVI worked fine for me (via ATI 9600se) and worked a treat.

But I tried to watch films yesterday via DVI and now it displays exactly the same symptoms- i'm completely stumped! As you say, vga seems to work fine though, as do the component connections.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

3. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    A lot of DVI inputs on Projectors and TVs will only accept TV resolution signals over this connection. Using the latest Catalyst drivers try a 1280x720 60Hz or 1920x1080 30Hz screen size - that may cure it. Admittedly it doesn't explain why the Matrox works but it's worth a try....

4. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wow, nearly 2 years until I got a reply!

I seem to remember that I needed a DirectX update - once I did that it worked perfectly. Try updating DirectX and then give it a go.

5. msrx7mh3

msrx7mh3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for all of your help- all on a monday morning too!

I'll give updating the direct x drivers a try..

6. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That's ok - I hope it works! I remember how annoying it was when it happened to me...

7. msrx7mh3

msrx7mh3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Right, I

-uninstalled the current drivers/ catalyst pack
    -re-installed the most recent catalyst drivers and direct x package

Result- it works! thank you for your help!

8. Pootle

Pootle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had a lot of problems with this combination - Radeon 9500 to screenplay 5700.

if you unplug the 5700 and plug something else in the radeon reconfigures so this does not really tell you anything.

Best thing to do is switch off the PC, switch on the projector then switch on the PC, it should boot up and the projector will keep saying that it is re-syncing but it should make it OK.

btw I am not using the latest drivers - I'm using drivers about 9 months old, but that is because of another problem.

I had endless problems when I got the projector until I realised it would work if it was present from PC boot time.

It will either come up already at 1280 X 768 (ot thereabouts) or you can change it to this res.

I finally got it working at its native res of 1024 X 576 over DVI (using powerstrip) last weekend and that is even better.

btw, unless the AIW cards are a lot better than they were you will not get that good a TV picture from the AIW card, you'll get a MUCH better picture using a digital TV card (assuming youcan get signal where you are).

Picture on DVI is streets ahead of the analogue picture.

I still have a few issues with the dual head setup but they are just irritating rather than real problems.

I would get it working at 1280 before you try installing powerstrip btw.

good luck - its worth it when you get it working