1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Info Needed on Old Camcorders

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Monark, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Monark

Monark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings to all

I run a small business (actually, it's only me) for the UK photo trade valuing cameras & photo equipment.

I am OK on the prices of still cameras, as well as digital cameras and collectables, but am often stumped when it comes to 'old' video cameras/camcorders.

I realise most old (ie over 5 years old) video cameras are not worth much, but it would be nice to tell callers something along the lines of "In 1989 the XV-100sp" or whatever "cost £1,199, but today you would be lucky to get £150".

I already have a database of nearly 400 current or recent cameras, plus over 200 older models, but I am still asked for cameras I cannot trace. Today I had a Panasonic NV-G1B & a Sony CCD F455, no joy on either.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fill in the gaps? I have already contacted most of the major manufacturers, to no avail.

All I really need is the model, date introduced and rrp new.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

2. johnnyzee

johnnyzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im sure there must be tons of sites on the net that would give you this info.!!!.... try differnt search engines and different keywords im sure ull get a site with tons of info(i believe in the net u should too...lol)
    good luck mate...sorry i havnt the time to do any searching for u today ...but if i get the time i will post somesites for u ...keep ure eyes peeled...good luck....interested project or job though!!!

3. johnnyzee

johnnyzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Monark

Monark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Johnnyzee. A Great site link.

I can find LOADS of stuff on current models, it's info on discontinued camcorders (2 to 10 years ago) I am getting desperate for :(

Regards

Monark

5. johnnyzee

johnnyzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey ill keep posting sites and u can pick ones u require who knows u might find one thats got real old camcorders on ... http://www.epinions.com/

6. Monark

Monark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again Johnnyzee

Not quite as useful as the first one.

I have also found several sites where you can compair items, but again thay are only new/current cameras.

Regards

Monark

7. Nelly

Nelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try keeping tabs on how much camcorders are going for on ebay. After you have seen a few of the sme model being sold you can get a general picture for what people are willing to pay.

Although bare in mind depengding on who is bidding, they can get a bargain, fair price or completely ripped off! That's life!