Help in using DVDShrink

L

lcarter

I have downloaded DVDShrink and am having a little trouble in burning. I think I have got my DVD on the HDD and trying to burn (not using Nero) but using Roxio Easy CD/DVD, can I use Roxio?? or do I have to use Nero?
If Roxio is able can anyone help in how I burn and talk this idiot through it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
:blush:

dr_mabuse

lcarter
If you don't want to mess with Nero, Roxio or indeed anything else, just use Version 3.1 or later of DVDShrink, which will produce an image file for you as part of the transcoding process.
Then use DVDDecrypter (which you have probably got if you are ripping VOB files to HDD) to burn the .iso file.

Job done.

Go on over to doom9.org or dvdrhelp.com and read the numerous guides to help you.

Until recently my burner just wouldn't play ball with ANY generation of Nero, so I burned everything with Decrypter with no problems.

Hope this helps

dr_m

L

lcarter

dr_mabuse

Thanks for your input. I am absolutely hopeless, checked my HDD and only part of the film there, I am gonna get DVDDecrypter and try the way you suggested.

Txs

ddlooping

Hi all. :)

lcarter, Roxio is not the most recommended program to burn DVDs.
If burning to DVD-R (as opposed to DVD+R), you could try burnatonce, a free and user-friendly software. ;)

http://www.dvdshrink.info/burnatonce.php

I'm affraid DVD Shrink v3.1.x will only create an image if Nero is installed on your system.

Also, what do you mean by "...only part of the film there..."?

I'd suggest you view some of the guides at DVDShrink.info to make sure you did everything properly.

dr_mabuse

ddlooping

my bad! :zonked: I thought the iso file creation was not dependant on Nero.

Oops!

dr_m

L

lcarter

ddlooping

One word to you "F A N T A S T I C"

I have been on dvdshrink.info and have printed off your tutorials for burnatonce, dvd shrink and dvd decrypter, I know I said I wanted an idiot proof way of burning DVD's and this surely is, I can't thank you enough.

I have just managed to BURN MY FIRST DVD.

Respect to you

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom