Help in sourcing discrete picture mode codes for Samsung 2011 Plasma

Welsh Whirlwind

Hi all :hiya:

As per title, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get some discrete picture selection codes for my Samsung PS51D6900 Plasma TV? I.e. Direct inputs for 'Movie', 'Standard' etc.

I have a Harmony One remote and I want to request Logitech support to programme these in so I can customise my activities without having to add long-winded macro commands. Any help would be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

logiciel

Hi. The Harmony database often has separate Input commands to avoid using the cycling method but it doesn't have the equivalent for any other type of setting. It's quite easy to include a set of menu commands in the Activity Start sequence - one of mine has nine commands to the Sammy. Logi

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Looking through the database of codes I have access to it looks extremely unlikely there are any discrete codes for selecting pictures modes. There are discretes for inputs and aspect ratios but not the picture modes.

logiciel

The database entry has only the one standard command for Aspect - do you see more than that?

Welsh Whirlwind

Thanks guys,

I know for definite that there is at least one Sammy model that has discrete picture input modes, I just can't remember which one!

From experience alot of the Samsung codes are universal accross their range of TV's (My 5yr old Samsung worked perfectly controlling my 2011 Plasma), so it's just finding that TV and asking Logitech to post the same discrete codes to my account and seeing if they work - I'd bet money on it that they do! If any owners out there can help find out which model(s) that do have these codes I would be very grateful!

logiciel

That's correct about Sammys using the same commands.
This new one has all the usual commands together with the few extra ones for its advanced features.

Ligonielred

Standard Member
I'm trying to add game mode to my play Xbox activity any ideas how I can achieve this? My tv is the sammy d7000, thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom