1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in contacting 'scullmeister'

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sjp21, Nov 16, 2004.

1. sjp21

sjp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi

Can anyone help in contacting 'scullmeister' (Al Scully from Warrington)? After sending him a cheque for a stand on 4/11 (see: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=161172) I have had no further contact from him. Both myself and the mods have tried contacting him via PM to no avail. There may be legitimate reasons for this delay and hence before I take this matter further (bad trader/police) I would like to see if this can be resolved amicably.I have his address but it looks like his telephone number is ex-directory.

Any help appreciated.

P.S Talk about unlucky. First I buy the wrong stand (Px20) and now it looks like I've wasted yet more money! 4 weeks with a boxed plasma and still counting...

2. sjp21

sjp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmm...been given his personal email via the mods. Have now had confirmation that he's read the 2 emails I've sent him today - still no actual response...

Anyone know this guy or have a telephone number for him? Anyway of getting ex-directory no's?

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You tried 192.com? It'll tell you if he's on the voting list, his occupation, and his phone number unless he's opted out, or his telephone provider have remembered to do this on his behalf.

4. sjp21

sjp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers Maw

Tried 192.com and couldn't find any details for him there. Doesn't look good..

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry mate, it doesn't. This happened a while ago in a case I was involved in, a member stole one of my guys' cheque books. Concerted action from other ripped off members, mods, and ourselves got results in the end. Money returned, and AFAIK still being prosecuted. Sounds like bad trader time to me, and almost time for further action.

6. sjp21

sjp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I agree. I'll have to be a bit more careful next time - I'll be resorting to 192.com from the start next time. Thing is he claims to be a TV/AV installer which is why I thought that someone here might know him personally.

Anyway, have asked the mods to try one last time. I'll give him until the weekend to get this sorted and then will contact the police.

7. sjp21

sjp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Contacted my bank today. Looks like he hasn't even cashed the cheque yet. I've now stopped the cheque, so won't both to persue any further. Only lost £10, so not so bad.

He still has a couple of items still for sale, so would advise others to avoid trading with him.