1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in choosing remote control

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by terence8888, Feb 11, 2004.

1. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,

I'm sure everyone does the same thing.... you set up you HT system and before you know it, the living room is taken over by remote controls!

I've got panny plasma, pioneer freeview box, Tag av-pre and ARCAM dvd. I don't want to spend too much on the remote (<100 quid, less than 50 would be ideal). What should I go for? I saw MARANTZ RC1400 going for about 50 quid. Any good?

Thanks in advance!

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Depends what you want; remote controls fall into two distinct camps - hard-buttoned and touchscreen.

If you like having real buttons, go for a Home Theatre Master MX500 - they're around ~£100. It's bigger brother, the MX700, can be found on eBay(USA) for the same sort of price.

If you want to go the touchscreen route, search around a bit and you can find the older-generation Philips Pronto RU890 (eBay is a good place) for ~£100 with docking station (rechargeable battery/charger).

I suggest you check out www.remotecentral.com, particularly the review section, and see which one would suit you best. They're both great remotes and very capable.