• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help in Buying Shares.

crazy_1201

Established Member
Hi basically I want to know how to buy shares in a company online and what websites people would recommend for online trading of shares which have low fees.

pandemic

Prominent Member
It's pretty simple to buy shares, you sign up to a decent broker. Make sure you select the correct share, i.e. know your stock code. Know your costs; to buy shares you pay for the shares plus 0.5% stamp duty on the total cost of the shares and the brokers fee on top of that, when selling you don't pay stamp duty only the brokers fee.

To recommend a broker is difficult, as I'd need info as to whether your looking to trade in the short term or long term. How many companies stocks you'll be buying and how quickly you want to sell them, etc. Personally, I don't mind paying a little extra on the brokers fee. A lot of the cheap brokers only buy/sell at certain times of the day or week, which is no good if you want the price listed at the time.

whatsupdoc

Established Member
Also use First Direct sharedealing service and find it very easy and efficient.

Sometimes the shares don't perform too well though.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom