Help, I'm going mad ! Need a birthday present for a seven-year old boy...

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need two items for Saturday: one at ~£20 and one at ~£30 and I can think of NOTHING :suicide:

Depends on what he's interested it!

I don't think you can go wrong with Ben 10 stuff though, that's what the boys at school with my daughter are into anyway. You should try posting this in the parents forum, might get more exposure there?

Simple....Nerf Gun :smashin:

Got a Nerf and not into Ben10 :(

Simple....Nerf Gun :smashin:

'It's Nerf or nothing!'

Does anyone else think the lads in those adverts look far too old to be cocking about with toy guns, and should be out getting on the ale, and getting some other type of action? I know I was :devil:

Got a Nerf and not into Ben10 :(

Got "a" Nerf...you obviously don't know kids...:rotfl::rotfl:

My kid, and his mates collections you could class as Nerf armoury's.

As above, ammo, new models guns etc, all come in handy.

Or go old school, a nice model kit to build/paint, planes/tanks..that sort of thing.

There's a wee boy in our street who stalks down the round commando styley, hiding behind bushes and crouch-walking along the sides of cars with his Nerf gun.

Always makes me laugh when I see him but I did comment the other day I also expect to see him carving open a squirrel or cat at some point in the near future.

You can't go far wrong with Lego. Especially the large Hero Factory/Bionicle/Superhero figures at about 8 quid a pop.

My boys like making/creating stuff, for Christman they got a craft set put together by my mum, its included scissors, papers, glue, rulers, decent pens etc.

You can't go far wrong with Lego. Especially the large Hero Factory/Bionicle/Superhero figures at about 8 quid a pop.

We have Lego everywhere. Kits half-made, bricks under your feet, down the side of his bed, under the kitchen cupboards, in three dedicated toolboxes. I'm beginning to hate it, if I'm honest. He wants more Lego but it's never ending and not conducive to our mental health, nor his, to have so much of it around and never be able to find that one magical piece required or whatever. Ninety percent of it is redundant.

Scalextric Start?

What are your kids hobbies, do they go to clubs...

My 8yo plays rugby, he was very glad to get a rugby ball for Christmas (lost it the other day though), he also goes to Cubs, and will be going to Cub camp in the Summer so I may get him stuff for that e.g. decent torch,camp stuff

My 5yo, never ever really asks or wants anything, he can just make do with paper, staples and pens! However good presents he has had in the past was a V-Tech Kiddie Zoom Camera and a cheap Phillips Touch Screen MP3/4 player.

You know you've got to do it, just go and get some lego and nerfs

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How about a guitar? Or even a Ukulele, which are apparently easier to learn on to help step up to a guitar later.

Airfix Spitfire :)

Guitar, he has one :( Combustion engine sounds interesting but it would need to come tomorrow unless I can find a real retailer.

I always by my friends/family's kids a big set of drums. People always bought things like that for mine, so PAYBACK time......
Good luck

Ps is he the right age to go camping????

Best regards
DJ

Camping ? Yes but sister's aren't old enough.

How about adopting a goat for an African village....
only joking, Nerf guns and Lego, you can never have enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom