Help identifying IMHOF 2-Way Speakers

Terrorbyte

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have the following IMHOF speakers and I'm struggling to find any information on them.

I can't find much about them online, but I'm guessing they're late '70s maybe...? The woofers are oval with a flat diaphragm and the fabric grilles are attached with velcro tabs.

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 38
Hi, I have the following IMHOF speakers and I'm struggling to find any information on them.

I can't find much about them online, but I'm guessing they're late '70s maybe...? The woofers are oval with a flat diaphragm and the fabric grilles are attached with velcro tabs.

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Closest i can see.. are possibly these Gramophone - September 1971 as they are gramophone speakers :) There is next to nothing on the net about Imhof sadly :(
page-000002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Thanks for the reply Orobas. You're right about them being gramophone speakers.

I found that advert ypu posted on my previous search, but none of the speakers displayed seem to be the ones I have. They all have angled badges and the ones I have are straight. I know you can pivot/turn badges on some grilles, but the ones on these are glued into place (unless the badges were later modified).

From what I found on google I think it was a man called Daniel Imhof who had an audio showroom on New Oxford Street which Alfred Imhof then took over years later.

They manufactured and sold their own gramophones and other things like mechanical singing birds... and evidently, speakers too.

These look like they've been made by his company and not as part of some mass production.

Some relevant links I came across on google...

Aside from the history on them, the real question I'm after is... are they worth anything, or do you think they could be worth anything? :)

As you say, any info on them is very scarce, which is usually a good sign from past experience. Can't find any IMHOF audio equipment on eBay, not even on previous listings.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Orobas. You're right about them being gramophone speakers.

I found that advert ypu posted on my previous search, but none of the speakers displayed seem to be the ones I have. They all have angled badges and the ones I have are straight. I know you can pivot/turn badges on some grilles, but the ones on these are glued into place (unless the badges were later modified).

From what I found on google I think it was a man called Daniel Imhof who had an audio showroom on New Oxford Street which Alfred Imhof then took over years later.

They manufactured and sold their own gramophones and other things like mechanical singing birds... and evidently, speakers too.

These look like they've been made by his company and not as part of some mass production.

Some relevant links I came across on google...

Aside from the history on them, the real question I'm after is... are they worth anything, or do you think they could be worth anything? :)

As you say, any info on them is very scarce, which is usually a good sign from past experience. Can't find any IMHOF audio equipment on eBay, not even on previous listings.

Thanks for your input.
Hiya and thanks for the info

Yeah it was literally all i could find lol.. These are a tough one to crack.

In terms of worth.. I .. dont "think" you have a winner there given the volume of vintage stuff out there. You would probably need the either all or a selection of....
full history of them, the boxes and the original instructions to cover the worth side of things sadly.

Upvote 1

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom