Help identify the Mystery box!

Dfens17

Novice Member
Hello AV experts, can you help me with this diagram.
  • A sony alpha 6000 is filming something ( it has external power)
  • The feed is to be viewable on a Samsung HD TV live.
  • the feed is also to be sent to a PC which sends it live to a pc monitor that can record video or take snapshots from the feed as it happens
I am trying to wrap my head around the leads that go to the MYSTERY BOX, and what the Mystery box actually is!
It would also be helpful if anyone could recommend how to store the video/snap shots to a drive or server and what is good software to use for this.
If it all sounds a little mysterious the camera is recording a dental procedure that students can watch live. A technician remotely is recording the video and photos taken from the procedure. It is to be hopefully archived simultaneously.
955DB791-E5AC-45EB-9C4A-F31E6BDB6666.jpeg

955DB791-E5AC-45EB-9C4A-F31E6BDB6666.jpeg

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I don't know much about cameras but looking at the spec page it sounds like the only real time output would be HDMI, is that correct?

next010

Distinguished Member
Yeah specs say it has micro-HDMI.

So basically get a
  • HDMI 1 in 2 out which clones the output to dual displays (one goes to TV).
  • Get a HDMI to USB capture device
  • Use OBS to record the HDMI capture.
  • Copy finished recording to server.

There are probably professional training products in this area but if you want to do it cheap the above should work.

Dfens17

Novice Member
Thanks very much for your help. Ill order those bits and pieces off amazon and see if i can get it running.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom