Question Help identify: LCD LED TVs (Non OLED) with IPS vs VA Panels - Which Brands, Series, Models?

crashnburn_in

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help identify: LCD LED TVs (Non OLED) with IPS vs VA Panels - Which Brands, Series, Models?

I will be using this primarily as a big monitor for "reclined computing" at a distance (NOT upclose as shown here).

• (Currently testing 43 4K at 3/4 feet - this will mostly be 50/55 4K a bit further using a reclining kind of seating).
  • I am hence more inclined towards the IPS pros as I will be keeping it at 4/5/6 feet for 4K UHD @ 100%
  • That means with distance the VERTICAL Viewing Angle will also DEFINITELY have changed & maybe the Horizontal as well.

This thread is not to debate, but hope to sort between the IPS vs VA panels on TVs
in terms of COLOR & MAINLY VIEWING ANGLES.

Gaming is not a PRIORITY so VA with greater refresh Hz is not key.

Please share actual examples if you have any or SIMILAR VIDEOS.

Help me find the IPS TVs. If you know or can recall any of them.

I am aware of RTings and other technical reviews of VA having greater blacks and IPS having better color & view angles.

IPS Panels & their variants naming by various Manufacturers:
TN panel vs IPS panel (PLS, AMVA , AH-IPS, etc.) vs PVA panel (S-PVA, SVA) vs VA panel (MVA, S-MVA, AMVA) review |

Other panel manufacturers have their own ‘IPS-type’ technologies, including Innolux with their AAS (Azimuthal Anchoring Switch) technology – which, confusingly, also has VA-type iterations.

And BOE with their IPS-ADS technology.

The real selling point of these is their superior colour accuracy, consistency and viewing angles when compared to the other LCD technologies.

For Reference: The various named variants of IPS:
TN panel vs IPS panel (PLS, AMVA , AH-IPS, etc.) vs PVA panel (S-PVA, SVA) vs VA panel (MVA, S-MVA, AMVA) review |

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom