Help/Ideas for connecting Xbox360 to existing system (Projector,telewest & Denon)

W

Warhurst

Hi

Can anyone help?

We have an epson projector linked into the back of our STB which is linked in turn to the Denon ( 500 DHT 500SD which only has one scart)
We thought getting one of those scart blocks (4 into 1 with a copy socket and a scart out to 'TV') would do the job when we added the xbox 360.

However, it doesnt.

By taking the block out and re arranging the cables we can get xbox picture but no sound.

HELP :lease:

Cheers

leef1234

Ok for the sound problem you could try this :
I think the xbox is set up to output dolby digital when you 1st get it, this can only be achieved with an optical cable, not scart, so plug an optical cable into the xbox cable and the other end in your Denon.

Not sure about your picture problem, does the denon have a scart in socket and a scart out socket?

Does the scart switch box automaticaly switch between inputs when you plug 2 scart devices in or does it have a manual switch?

On the back of the xbox lead there is a hdtv switch, if your using scart you will need this switched off (or to SD or whatever the other option is.

W

Warhurst

Ok for the sound problem you could try this :
I think the xbox is set up to output dolby digital when you 1st get it, this can only be achieved with an optical cable, not scart, so plug an optical cable into the xbox cable and the other end in your Denon.

Will try this one later on ;)

Not sure about your picture problem, does the denon have a scart in socket and a scart out socket?

Nope, just one scart socket.

Does the scart switch box automaticaly switch between inputs when you plug 2 scart devices in or does it have a manual switch?

Its got a manual and automatic switch and the limited blurb says it will pick up the first one that is powered up, but im not sure it does really

On the back of the xbox lead there is a hdtv switch, if your using scart you will need this switched off (or to SD or whatever the other option is.

Will check that one out as well, Cheers:thumbsup:

leef1234

Also, im not actually sure you need to plug a scart lead into the Denon, you could try plugging both the telewest scart and xbox scart into the switchbox and then the scart out from the switchbox to your projector. That should sort your picture out. Then optical lead from your xbox and another one from your telewest box (if it has one, if not use phone leads) to the Denon, that should sort out your sound.

Ideally your should go straight from your source to your projector as anything inbetween can decrease the picture quality, so unless you need the scart into the Denon i wouldn't use it.

W

Warhurst

That sounds good to me!

I will give that a go tonight

Ta much!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom