1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: I need the remote code 4 the LG ke-14u73x tv/video combi

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by all_in_all, Aug 25, 2005.

1. all_in_all

all_in_all

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people. I got my Sky installed on Tuesday and because the cleaners at Uni chucked out my combi remote, I was very excited to know that my combi could be operated by my sky remote (not + just ordinary digital). I then tried the goldstar code (The former LG name), no joy. I called the scottish helpdesk. No joy. So if anyone can help it would be must appreciated. The combi model again is KE-14U73x.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Have you tried via the Sky "Interactive" menu..........."Sky Customer Service", "Technical Assistance", "For your Remote Control" etc......just follow the wizards where you will find the codes for all TVs listed.
    Bear in mind your model may not be listed if it is reasonably new or you may have and old version of the Sky remote.
    Just try all the codes listed.

3. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Sorry to pour cold water .....

Sky remotes can be programme to operate most (but not all) TVs.

However, most TV/VCR combos use VCR codes.

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Not quite accurate.........He should be able to operate the basic functions of the TV section like Vol,. Prog up & down and Standby.

5. all_in_all

all_in_all

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the annoying thing is, I downloaded a trial program called psylock and sent it to my 3650 phone...I could then use the phone for 15 days to operate the tv so I know it can be done. Also how to you tell the difference between an old and a new remote? Could anyone try getting in touch with lg (lge.com) with the model number to see if they have a resolution? I have rubbish communication skills

6. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    That means nothing, no one is disputing the operation of your TV with a remote control, the problem is your Sky remote doesn't have the correct code programmed into it.

Have you tried my suggestion re the "Interactive" help menu?
    Do a search of this forum on "Sky Remote" and you will probably find how to tell which version of the remote you have.