Help! - I Need Some With My Arcam DV88

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt Horne, Feb 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Right.. finally I have got my DV88.. picked it up on Saturday and so far I am very impressed.. it definitely seems to look and sound much better than my old Pioneer 606.
    I do have to admit that I am not used to the quirkiness of the remote especially its strange behaviour when playing DVD's/CD's..
    For example you do not seem to be able to direct access tracks for CD's.. you must type in the number then press play ??

The strangest stuff is on DVD's whereby the stop button does not stop the disc in a menu rather the cursor goes walk about on the screen. I have seen a couple DVD's where whilst navigating the menus the up/down etc etc buttons have executed options.
    (I am on firmaware 1.3 for what it is worth!)

But other than these quirks it truely is a great player.

On to my question.. Has anyone had any problems with using the IR codes from the Arcam on a universal remote? I have the Sony 2000T (the big grey brick). I have scanned in all of the buttons no problem. But I use the Sony to open the CD draw it works fine. But pressing the same button again has not effect. To be able to close the draw I have to push another button first before the open/close code works again. This behaviour happens on all the buttons.. ie you cannot press down twice, or the display key more than once. If you are pressing different keys each time then it works fine. Anyone got any ideas. Or does everyone here use the pronto/marantz....

Hope you can help.

P.S I understand from the great Arcam support line that a new firmware (maybe 2.0) should be available in the next couple of weeks..

Cheers

Matt

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Matt,

The IR codes on the Arcam and TAG are both hard to learn. In the end I ended up inputing the RC5 code to our shop Pronto for control of the TAG.

To get the arcam learnt I had to press and HOLD the button being learn't, rather than just tap it. Several attempts later and all was OK.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

3. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have just purchased a DV88 and was told that for some reason the codes alternate between two states, meaning you either have to learn two sets or on the pronto use a macro for each control the first to send your command and then a clear button which because you have now sent two commands will mean that the first codes will now operate when you use the remote again. I have not tried this yet so don't know if this is the case.

4. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Gordon,

Incidentally as you now presumambly have a ccf that works for the pronto, is there any chance you could email me a copy to save me the hassle of trying to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help

5. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks for the response Guys!

Gordon..

When the IR codes are scanned into the Sony I do hold down the button on the Arcam remote until the Sony Beeps to say its finished. The Silly thing here is that the button works that first time.. and then will work again after a different button is pressed. Maybe as Alan has been told the remote does use different states? (Though very strangely the power key works fine??)

Cheers

Matt

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    It looks like you'll have to get a Pronto....

Alan,

The ccf file was paid for by a client. I can't therefore send you the whole thing. I will send you the pages relating to the DV88 if that's OK.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

7. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks Gordon,

It was only the DV88 pages I was interested in I can them mark that panel as hidden and alias them to my own design DVD page.

Alan