1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help i need some advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Yaka, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I don’t know where to post this but as it concerns and lcd tv i almost I’ll post it in here.

Around about beginning of January i decided to buy the Sharpe 37GA3E with the monthly payment option via Abel2Buy @ tvandvideodirect.com . the finance took about 2 weeks to sort out and when it was completed tvandvideodirect.com gave me call to say they damaged the screen while loading it up into the delivery van. they offered me the Phillips 37" screen instead i agreed but the following having read reviews and opinions of the screen here and the fact that you could not use a pc properly via the hdmi input. i called them the next morning and cancelled it.

now on February 19th i got a letter from HFC bank (which is the same company as able2buy) that said that they will start to deduct the amount for the TV from my bank account on march 14th. i rang them up explaining that the order was cancelled as the Tv was damaged before it was delivered only to be told TVandvideodirect.com should have contacted them and sent them cancellation documents.

So I call Tvandvideodirect.com explaining my situation. And a fella called Lee told because of the consumer protection laws it was down to me to sort it out with HFC and cancel it. But he said that he will contact HFC about it himself as well if i wanted and i told him that would be helpful.

Now the finance option for TV has not been cancelled and march 12 is almost here. I tried calling both HFC and TVandvideo direct but have got the same responses so far. And this was is the first time i have tried to buy something with an finance option and really don’t know what i should do. Any advice would be helpful.

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ask your bank what would happen if you cancelled the Direct Debit. It might buy you another week to sort out the finance.

Richie.

3. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    thanks but i am working tommorow and monday during the day and cant take time off:/ , but how do i get eith able2buy or tvandvideodirect to help me out? both seem to just say "yes we will contact the other party" but then do nothing.

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm sure you'd be able to phone your bank to cancel the direct debit, I can do mine through the internet. This would save the money coming out of the account and trying to get it back again. Seems as the Abel2Buy understand the circumstances so wont be chasing you for the money.

5. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    thats cool mate thanks a lot for the help shall defo ring the bank in the morning