HELP - i may have broke a 42PX600

greyhound74

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm at my folks, i pressed AV - to try and select sky. i now have a totally black screen / no sound....................i'm cacking it.:oops:

the remote doesn't seem to be doing anything - i can get no menus up or anything !
advise required ASAP.
Cheers
Greyhound

It aint your fault mate. it happens :(

Not much to suggest really.

If you have no power light, check the fuse etc

the little power light is on -it flickers asi press the remote - but there is no picture or sound.

When i press the power button on TV, it sounds like it's turning on..............but again no picture or sound. i'm hunting for a rope and tree - advise ?

Thanks

Try pressing the AV button on the remote a few times.
You may have sky set up with the wrong input type.
Has it worked before or is it a new sky install?

Sky was working......i ment to switch to ordinary TV - i pressed AV - then screen went blank.

no sound or anything - turning the TV off isn't doing anything.

i can not bring up any menus from pressing the remote (but pressing the remote flickers the little red power LED) - i'm about to soil myself ! :eek: :oops:

Greyhound

Sounds a bit bleak mate :(
Sorry.

Let us know how you get on, if you survive :)

I'm sure they'll understand it's not your fault when you explain :smashin:

I just hope it's under warranty.

Chaps - now fixed (i can stop soiling)

My sisters boyfriend sorted it.......................i'm most :censored: off, that someone who can't work a toaster, fixed it.

anyway - thanks all for you help !

Greyhound

Oh pants !

And I was looking so forward to the rope & tree scenario :(

I've always thought about rope & loft. But knowing my luck I'd probably do it all wrong and end up coming through the bedroom ceiling & landing on top of my mother killing her instead !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh pants !

And I was looking so forward to the rope & tree scenario :(

I've always thought about rope & loft. But knowing my luck I'd probably do it all wrong and end up coming through the bedroom ceiling & landing on top of my mother killing her instead !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blimey, you're a bundle of joy :(

I know what you mean about bad luck though.
Barrel, boobs and thumb spring to mind :D

My understanding (as i was watching United V Watford, in a different room (whilst checking this tread for updates)) was this is resolved by holding the power button on the top left.
maybe it causes a soft re-set - i don't know, but it worked. :thumbsup:

as for the Rope & tree situation - knowing my look i'd have tied myself up by the ankles in mistake :)

Thanks to everyone for help and advice (even if some was, "look forward to the rope & tree", lol)
Cheers
Greyhound

My understanding (as i was watching United V Watford, in a different room (whilst checking this tread for updates)) was this is resolved by holding the power button on the top left.
maybe it causes a soft re-set - i don't know, but it worked. :thumbsup:

LOL. You mean it was put into standby then turned back on. ;)

Maybe not that simple lads. I had a panny do something almost identical. Holding down the power button on remote or even TV could not get this puppy to come back to life. Mine would power on for 1 sec no sound no picture and as the fans spun up then it would knock off and the power light would flash and if you pressed the remote then on the second press the TV would not recognise it. Tried everything :)

I will say again, on a properly functioning Panasonic plasma TV, if you hold down the power button it will keep turning the TV on & off. That is the way it works.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom