Help, I have broken my Denon DHT500SD!!

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had my trusty DHT 500SD for a few years now, and today tried to run a multi-region upgrade from a disc.

The disc replaced the firmware as expected, but when I turned the player on and inserted an R1 disc there was sound but no picture.

In hindsight, I expect that this was because the firmware update had disabled the component output that I was using, but I panicked a bit and run the disc again.

Now, Iam getting ' MECHA ERROR' on the display and I cannot eject the disc.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

I suspect that the disc has jammed the drawer. You'll probably have to take the top off the player and see if you can move the disc with your fingers.

Thanks. I have actually managed to find a couple of old threads dating back to 2005 where this happened.

One person who had the problem said it reset after 15 minutes, the other got a replacement player.

Mine is much to old to be replaced so hopefully it will sort itself out, otherwise I will have to get the screwdriver out!

Right, I have opened it up, and the disc appears to be spinning fine. I cannot work out how to release the drawer itself, though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom