Help, I have broken my Denon DHT500SD!!

daveb975

Distinguished Member
I have had my trusty DHT 500SD for a few years now, and today tried to run a multi-region upgrade from a disc.

The disc replaced the firmware as expected, but when I turned the player on and inserted an R1 disc there was sound but no picture.

In hindsight, I expect that this was because the firmware update had disabled the component output that I was using, but I panicked a bit and run the disc again.

Now, Iam getting ' MECHA ERROR' on the display and I cannot eject the disc.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

steverobertsbbc

I suspect that the disc has jammed the drawer. You'll probably have to take the top off the player and see if you can move the disc with your fingers.

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I have actually managed to find a couple of old threads dating back to 2005 where this happened.

One person who had the problem said it reset after 15 minutes, the other got a replacement player.

Mine is much to old to be replaced so hopefully it will sort itself out, otherwise I will have to get the screwdriver out!

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Right, I have opened it up, and the disc appears to be spinning fine. I cannot work out how to release the drawer itself, though.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom