Help!!!! I have a philips brilliance 420p which just went bang

S

snlb

can anyone help in this matter. There we were sat all comfy, then suddenly a bang and the screen went into standby mode. i switched it off then turned it on again the screen flicked on then went back into standby mode. this screen is approx 2.5 years old. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help. :lease: its my pride and joy

N

nealgs

if it made a bang sound - it doesn't sound very hopefull at all i'm afraid to say :(

Tranformer? possibly - i gather there was no extended warranty on the unit at all? it maybe worth calling one of the forum sponsers Av-Sales or someone who may be able to put you intouch with a repairer for a quote, upto you then as to wether it's fixed, or you buy another one.

regards and good luck
Gary

S

snlb

the reason i didnt have an extendid warranty was that i actually had this screen given by a company as a gift for work that i carried out for then. i have contacted phillips to see if they could forward a company for repair. i really dont know alot about plasmas, although i am learning through the forum, and i do know that alot disrespek phillips but this screen did have an excellent picture quality. suppoes i shall have to wait and see as to what the cost of the repair will be to weigh up the fors and againts. thanks again.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
is the screen worth much? claim on your house insurance if you can

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom