1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! I have a philips brilliance 420p which just went bang

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by snlb, Jan 31, 2005.

1. snlb

snlb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help in this matter. There we were sat all comfy, then suddenly a bang and the screen went into standby mode. i switched it off then turned it on again the screen flicked on then went back into standby mode. this screen is approx 2.5 years old. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help. :lease: its my pride and joy

2. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Not anymore :devil:

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it made a bang sound - it doesn't sound very hopefull at all i'm afraid to say :(

Tranformer? possibly - i gather there was no extended warranty on the unit at all? it maybe worth calling one of the forum sponsers Av-Sales or someone who may be able to put you intouch with a repairer for a quote, upto you then as to wether it's fixed, or you buy another one.

regards and good luck
    Gary

4. snlb

snlb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the reason i didnt have an extendid warranty was that i actually had this screen given by a company as a gift for work that i carried out for then. i have contacted phillips to see if they could forward a company for repair. i really dont know alot about plasmas, although i am learning through the forum, and i do know that alot disrespek phillips but this screen did have an excellent picture quality. suppoes i shall have to wait and see as to what the cost of the repair will be to weigh up the fors and againts. thanks again.

5. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    is the screen worth much? claim on your house insurance if you can

6. snlb

snlb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: