Question Help! I don't know how to tune my LG TV!

Hello all!

Please bear with me here. I have recently moved to the UK from overseas. Upon moving into a new house I bought an LG 50UN73006LA Smart 4K Ultra HD LED TV with HDR. I figured I needed some sort of cord to plug into the wall socket in the wall (which I've since learnt is called a coaxial wall socket from reading here) and so along with the tv bought a 'Satelite 10m Extension Lead - Nickel-Plated' from Argos (I also at the same time bought a '2m Long TV Aerial Right Angle with Plug Adapter - Coaxial Satellite Cable TV Antenna AV Lead Male to Male with RF Connector Coax Extension Gold' from Amazon). As you might suspect the tv wouldn't tune when I hooked it up with this cable, so, having read here I bought a Belkin 2m Coax Aerial Cable. However, when going through the autotune feature on the LG tv it still isn't finding any programs :(

I'm now at a complete loss as to what to do - can anyone talk me through how to tune the tv?

I am a complete novice at this (as you can likely tell) so I'm not sure what information I can provide to describe the situation more specifically.

The landlord has said the aerial is in the loft, and I have tried the autotune feature searching through aerial, cable, and satellite. Help!

shotokan101

Banned
Look in the loft?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
First thing to check, what does the socket look like? Some are combination TV and satellite sockets and perhaps only the TV side is connected. Post a picture and we can advise on that.

What socket on the TV are you connecting to? There's usually 1 socket for TV, one for satellite and you need to be connected to the right one.

Once this is sorted, worth trying again and if still no joy, check there is an aerial in the loft and it is connected. A previous tenant might have removed or broken it.

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for both of your responses. I'm hoping that you see this! (I still haven't worked it out :( )

I have tried all three cables into the 'antenna' plug on the back of the tv in various combinations. I know the third cable is definitely a long shot of being the correct cable as it doesn't fit at all!

Attachments

• wall socket.jpg
    wall socket.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 78
  • back of tv.jpg
    back of tv.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 350
  • cord 1.1.jpg
    cord 1.1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 86
  • cord 1.2.jpg
    cord 1.2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 86
  • cord 2.1.jpg
    cord 2.1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 71
  • cord 2.2.jpg
    cord 2.2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 52
  • cord 3.jpg
    cord 3.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 61

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
For TV, assuming that you have an aerial connected to the wall plate, then one end of a cable that you have should be plugged into that, the other end into the antenna socket in the TV. You then use the TV’s menus to sort out the tuning.

The cable in picture 1.2 looks like the correct one.

Last edited:
Assuming that you have an aerial connected to the wall plate, then one end of a cable that you have should be plugged into that, the other end into the antenna socket in the TV. You then use the TV’s menus to sort out the tuning.

I connect the cable from the tv to the wall plate (I've tried them all). The issue comes when I go into the auto tuner on the tv and it finds nothing

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
If you have a cable that fits both the TV and the aerial socket on the wall and the TV finds nothing, then either there isn’t an aerial connected to the wallplate, your TV has a fault, or the cable is faulty.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
What’s your postcode? It might be an idea to get an indoor TV aerial, one that you can easily return if it doesn’t work. If you find something by using an internal aerial, you know that the TV is OK. At face value, I suspect that there’s no TV aerial connected to the wall plate.

What’s your postcode? It might be an idea to get an indoor TV aerial, one that you can easily return if it doesn’t work. If you find something by using an internal aerial, you know that the TV is OK.
I'm in the DH1 area. I might get my landlord to just have a look at it anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom