1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I cant get SS3 to transfer 128k mp3s to 132k attrac 3? Just transfers as 128?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Krisbee, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I select my mp3s and then go to transfer selecting it to do it as 132k attrac 3, but they are transfered across as 128 mp3s and not converted? I swear it converted them as it transfered on ss2.3? Am I doing something wrong? Also why when importing files does it put all the tracks into seperate albums by artists? I cant get it to transfer Mix albums in the right order it puts them artist order? Any help is much appreciated dudes?!

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

Do you mean that when you import compilation albums it makes 20 or so one track albums on SS, each by the individual artists from the album, instead of having one album under various?

3. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly! Its very frustrating! Any help with how to get this transfered easily in the same order as an album??

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry you have lost me, is the problem when transferring albums to the player, or when you view them by artist on sonicstage?

To get songs in the correct order within SS click on a song, then simply drag and drop it to the correct place in the album.

5. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i mean when I import it makes 20 one track albums with the artist, how can I fix that? Do I have to change all the file names and remove the artist name?

6. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Right I see.

Well what I did was use the search bar to type in the name of the album in concern, so all the songs from within the album appear in front of you. Then I highlighted them all, right clicked and clicked properties, then ticked the box which says "Tracks in the compilation albums". It then places them all under the same artist (Various) in SS, when you view the album. They still retain their individual artist names when you view the album itself. Hope this helps! Ask if it doesn't make sense!

7. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks dude you seem to know your stuff. If I transfer an mp3 that is 128 kbps to 256 kbp atrrac 3 will it make any difference to the sound and will it be louder?! It will it only work with CDs I encode at 256 rather than dloaded mp3s at a certain rate

8. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    No theres no point in raising the bit rate at the conversion level, because the file has already been compressed to 128kbs, so it can't get any better.

I personally suggest atrac3 132kbs, because atrac3plus 256 is more heavily compressed and also has larger file sizes (7-8 mb on average for a 4 minute song).

I use atrac3 132 kbs, both for ripping cds with SS and also for transferring to the player.

9. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wicked stuff ok, lastly what headphones do you use I have just today got some senheisser mx500's for 12.99 and have been using em about an hour and they seem to be getting better by the minute, sound good! What you use bruva?

10. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have Sennheiser PX100s. Sound excellent and only £20, but I want some in-ear ones! The mx500s good then? I might try them out.....

11. Krisbee

Krisbee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah might leave em going all night to get em settled in! But so far they sound bad, the bass is much better that on the standard ones I got with the player! Not necessarily louder bass but deeper! Cheers for your help again fella, take it easy

12. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    No worries :)