HELP!! I can't get my new Hitachi 7200 to talk to my RGB-VGA box?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ollie501, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ollie501

ollie501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

Well, having taken the plunge, and lots of advice, I have just installed my shiny new Platara 7200.
    On my PW6, my Sky+ was connected via an JS Technology RGB-VGA converter. Having made no alterations to the setup at the Sky end of things, I had rather foolishly hoped that it would plug into the Hitachi, and all would be well.
    It isn't! On the PW6, I to set the plasma to H+V, and some figures connected with it, which I can't recall.

I've plugged it into the Hitachi, but all I am getting is a load of green fuzz. Occasionally a frozen part of the picture is visible, with green fuzz underneath. I've tried the auto adjust for PC input, and it does nothing. Tinkered with clock phase, which the manual suggests, but still to no avail.

I have it set to RGB rather than component, the only two options there are, and there doesn't seem to be any mention of H+V or how to set the frequencies.

What am I doing wrong? I've got it place, it looks fab with DVD's (more on that story later!), but I can't watch Sky... HELP! :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. Dr_Techno

Dr_Techno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Ollie.

Sorry the JS Tech RGB to VGA does not work with any of the Hitachi plasma screens.

No Hitachi works with any sync separator I'm afraid. They need a minimum horizontal sync frequency of 32Khz from memory, where scart, even via JS, is 15.625.

Regards

Andy

3. ollie501

ollie501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Oh! Well, that pretty much answers that then! No wonder all that buggering around got me precisely nowhere!

So it looks like my RS box is now redundant... I hope these screens look good on standard RGB :(

Thanks for clearing that up Andy... I'd have been here all night farting around to no avail... Any idea why no Hitachi screens work with them? Is it just the one I've bought, or is it down to the resolution? Out of interest, are there any other screens they won't work with?

Thanks for all help thus far :smashin:

4. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    As mentioned above it is all down to horizontal sync frequency. The Hitachis aren't alone in being incompatible. RGB direct into the panel should be OK.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Hi Andy! I like a fast learner.

6. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    The 7200 has 3 RGB scart sockets already, I fail to see why it needs the VGA input to act as a fourth!!!

All the JS box does is turn RGBcvS (sync carried on a composite video connection) into RGBHV (sync carried as seperate horizontal and vertical frequencies). No quality is added (or indeed removed) it is just reshaping the signal in order to fit the VGA socket of a plasma that otherwise has no scart, or a crap scart (older Panasonics). No need to use one with Hitachi, it won't help...