Help I am going to buy, but i'm scared

B

bill1962

God help me,
I started out on this quest a happy and excited novice ready to enter the wonderful world of Home Cinema.
A 32" TV and a DVD player, brilliant -cant wait.
But since starting to read these forums I have become more and more paranoid. I am going to put a deposit on a Sony KV32FX65, but I have a knot in my stomach and I am having panic attacks. What if I am doing the wrong thing. I might end up with a TV that shows blotchy patches on peoples faces, Artifacts, streaking (or is it streaming). Then I am going to buy the Pioneer system which includes the dv-444 DVD player the Amp and the Speakers. But people say I will not be able to hear it.
Please help, what will I do.

Is this a good choice.
Sony KV32FX65,
Pioneer DV-444S Multi-Region DVD player
Pioneer VSX-C300S receiver
Pioneer S-V50-QL speakers

I dont want something that will blow my head off.
But I do want the best picture and a clear sound.
Desperate, Bill

Bill,

I'd advise against coupling the Sony FX65 with the Pioneer players. There have been reports of strange colour halos in RGB mode. In fact, in view of all the horror stories I've read on this forum, I'd steer clear of anything Sony.

I'd also advise against the Pioneer amp. It looks cool, but doesn't deliver. Get a Marantz 5200, a Mission or Jamo A410 speaker pack and you'll be much happier.

Bill -

My advice would be to go for exactly what you want, but make sure that wherever you buy from will take the equipment back to refund or exchange within 28 days without any hassles. John Lewis are great for this. Simple! Nothing to worry about then.

I had 3 bad Sony's and ended up with a JVC. Interesting experience to say the least! But it wouldn't stop me from buying Sony again in the future if they get the problems sorted out.

Carol

Just demo the kit before you buy, or get a home trial.....but don't just buy blind....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom