1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I am an idiot

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by millfield13, Apr 5, 2005.

1. millfield13

millfield13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:
    Ok probably should have checked it out more but i bought a Pioneer AVH P-7500DVD from ebay (it said UK)but it arrived and it's a US model. OK the radio im ok with odd numbers are fine, ok its region 1 DVD again not a problem.

The problem is it has built in TV and guess what it's NTSC only.

My question is can i buy a PAL to NTSC converter then run the 4 3.5mm jacks by converters to a single phono to the converter then out again from a single phono upto the 4 3.5mm jacks in to the "brain" ?

And will this work or not? Or is there an easier way or should i forget about watching the Fimbles on the way to work?
    :lease:

Incidentally this is the converter i was thinking of
    http://www.highway.net.au/parts/converters/4245.html

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No. You can convert NTSC DVDs if you like, but a converter is not going to allow you to pick up UK TV. We use a different number of lines and different frequencies and different frame rates that it just won't see unless its been designed for the worldwide market.

3. millfield13

millfield13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for th reply i re-sold it on e-bay for more than i paid and i bought a Pioneer AVH-p6500dvd and a GEX-P6400TVP both English version so well happy now.

Thanks anyway.