Help!!! I’m having problems with my JVC smart TV LT-39C610 HDMI/Firestick

Funkerelick

Novice Member
I brought the TV a week ago which was in working order when I brought it from the seller.
For part of the demonstration he used his MacBook Pro and it was working fine.

I got home and plugged my fire stick in but didn’t try it straight away.
I did see the logo amazon logo come up once or twice while I went through the HDMI channels but was more interesting in sorting out the Internet and other settings figuring I wouldn’t have any problems where the fire stick was concerned.

When I plug my fire stick into the TV it goes straight to a blank/black screen.
The TV knows something is plugged in but and shows a resolution of 1280 x 740 (1080 if I change it on the fire stick)
I also tried my MacBook Pro (2013) but doesn’t the TV doesn’t recognize it and vice versa with the MBP

The Firestick and my Mac Book Pro are recognized by my LG Smart TV downstairs and ASus Monitor PC monitor and work fine.
Strangely enough, my old Xbox One WORKS in these HDMI ports on the JVC and so does an old Android TV Box.

Personally, I think it’s a JVC problem but I can’t figure out how to solve it.

Things I have tried.

1 - Restarting TV both soft reset and factory reset.
2 - Restarting the Firestick by plugging the cable out and putting it back in (Amazon logo then appears then goes blank)
3 - Changing the cables
4 - Changing the HDMI ports
5 - Changing the resolutions on the Firestick
6 - Going through pretty much every Youtube Video I could find on the subject,
7 - Tried to update the latest firmware for TV but the last one was issued in 2020

Anyone with any expertise on this subject would be greatly appreciated because I’m totally confused.
I’m stuck on whether to sell the TV or repair it which wouldn’t make sense financially.
1644328555108.png

1644328587875.png

comment

chancooluk

Can you check if the HDMI ports are running in Regular (backwards compatible) mode, or Enhanced mode (HDMI 2.0)?

It's a Vestel TV and they normally ship with the HDMI ports in Regular mode, designed to work best for older equipment.

Go to Settings, System, Sources and find the HDMI ports in the list. Switch them from Regular to Enhanced (or the other way around if already set to Enhanced). Then try again.

Funkerelick

Novice Member
Hi Chancooluk

I really appreciate the response.
I checked to see if my TV had that setting but unfortunately I cant see it in the sources menu. 😕

Your suggestion sounds like it would make a lot of sense but apparently from this YouTube video that I just checked out () the enhanced HDMI mode seems to apply to 4K models which I don’t think my model this is.

If you have any other ideas let me know as this thing is driving me nuts 🤦🏾‍♂️
1644387999236.jpeg

Cheers

Fred Smith

Hi Chancooluk

I checked to see if my TV had that setting but unfortunately I cant see it in the sources menu. 😕

Your suggestion sounds like it would make a lot of sense but apparently from this YouTube video that I just checked out () the enhanced HDMI mode seems to apply to 4K models which I don’t think my model this is.

View attachment 1651036

Cheers

The TV is not 4K just 720p, i.e. HD ready.

chancooluk

Hi Chancooluk

View attachment 1651036

Cheers

Have you made sure that the MacBook and Firestick are attempting to output in 720p resolution (either native resolution: 1366x768 or lower: 1280x720) at 60hz?

It's odd that the Xbox works without issues, and suggests that it may be the sources which are outputting in a format that isn't supported.

Last edited:

mike7

Have you made sure that the MacBook and Firestick are attempting to output in 720p resolution (either native resolution: 1366x768 or lower: 1280x720) at 60hz?

It's odd that the Xbox works without issues, and suggests that it may be the sources which are outputting in a format that isn't supported.
Check in your X Box Menu and you should be able to read exactly what your TV is capable of outputting.

Funkerelick

Novice Member
Check in your X Box Menu and you should be able to read exactly what your TV is capable of outputting.
When the Xbox is plugged into this TV it says 480p.
The Firestick is on 720p at the moment but I've changed it to every possible setting with no joy.
The Laptop doesn't seem to have a setting for me to change does seem to have a setting where I can change the aspect ratio.
The android box says 1080p as in the picture.

Funkerelick

Novice Member

This might sound a bit confusing but I was sure my Xbox was showing in 1080 mode previously so just now I checked to see why it was only giving me the default option of 480.
I switched from auto-detect in my Xbox to HDMI then override the 480p option and put into 1080 p (It showed only 3 options 480 720 and 1080)
The Xbox now shows in 1080p but still no joy with the Firestick and Laptop.

Sorry for the confusion

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom