Help: how to turn secondary box to a HD Plus?

Whatdafeck

Novice Member
Reaction score
We have 1nr sky plus hd box and a standard secondary box upstairs, as part of our subscription. Does anyone know how I can turn the standard box in to sky plus hd box? Firstly I have to buy the box, but I know a sky plus box needs 2nr feeds. Is it a case of wiring another feed coaxe from the dish? Will the dish accommodate another feed without effecting pic quality? how many feeds can you run from the dish?

You only need the extra feed if you want to watch one programme and record another on both machines!
So either be satisfied with one connection, or run another which is easy enough as you can have up to four, or even eight.

If you've had the multiroom box fitted in the past three years then the installer will have almost certainly fitted twin shotgun cable between the dish and the standard Sky HD box - in which case you will probably only need to fit an F-connector to the end of the second cable and connect that to your replacement Sky+ HD box to get twin recording capability.

I've just had the same thing done, looking to purchase a Sky+ HD box to replace it! Also they did install the shotgun cable, so do I just need to buy the box and plug it in for it to work or is there anything extra I might need ? For example the f- connector, I'm not sure what that is !

The F connector is the screw on connector that connects your existing shotgun to your existing sky box. Why don't people try Google? Google knows everything

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom