• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! How much is my home cinema set-up worth?

Mike Booth

Novice Member
Hi, i'm having a clear out of my home cinema set-up which I have not used since moving house 18 months ago (bit cumbersome for our smaller lounge). It consists of the following (pictures attached):

Yamaha DSP-AX750SE 7.1 Amp/receiver with manual and remote
Fi Rax Aluminium & Smoked glass audiophile Hifi/AV Rack Stand with floor spikes
KEF KHT 2005.2 Surround sound system - 5 HS2001 egg speakers + PSW2010 Subwoofer

All in very good cosmetic condition and excellent working condition. Has anyone got any idea what sort of price range I should be expecting either as a whole or as three lots? Any guidance would be much appreciated...
IMG_0833.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'd be lucky to get £300 total for it all. Condition isn't really a contributing factor and it is more to do with your receivers compatibility with current kit and formats. It predates HDMI which is now a must have means of connection if serious about home theatre. You could buy your speakers for well under £300 new prior to being no longer available and now sell for under £100 including the sub on eBay. They'd still make a decent addition to a starter setup to accompany an entry level receiver or smaller room, but I'd not expect to get much for them. The rack is probably going to be the easiest to sell because this can be utilised by anyone and will still work in conjunction with modern kit. It would be simply a matter of finding someone who wants a rack and who'd decor your rack suits.

Mike Booth

Novice Member
Thanks dante01, that's sort of what I thought, the biggest challenge appears to be delivery, The sub and amp weigh 12+ kilos each and i'd be nervous about sending them via courier.

Mike Booth

Novice Member
Hi, i'm near Melksham, Wiltshire (SN12) but travel extensively so delivery is a possibility. The speakers/sub are now sold but the rack and amp are still available.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom