• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Help how do i split a SATA 15pin power cable?

englishquad

Help please...:rolleyes:

Just got a SATA 300gb HD, the other 2 are SATA 200GB's all maxtor.
How do i split the power from the one cable, to give power to the third, it seems to be a 15 pin socket.
The power lead from the power supply only has the 2 connectors
Is there somewhere can get a splitter or a daisy cable, or will i have to go from another available power lead and get an adapter?

heres a picture

:lease:

D

DaveP

The easiest thing to do is get a molex to SATA Power adapter. You can get these from Maplins.

Get a one molex to two sata and you'll have a spare ready for your next SATA drive.

Dave

RockySpieler

Be careful plugging / unplugging the SATA power leads, I've found them the least reliable of the power connectors. The pins easily displace within the housing, they are only held in by an emboss (a small dent) in the pins surface.

When your PC doesn't boot its the last thing you check.......................6hrs and a few expletives later!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom