1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! how do i mount m7ds?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sparkymarky, Aug 26, 2003.

1. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi guys probably a stupid question but how do i get the m7ds flush against the wall?

I've got the speakers sitting on two screws fine but the speaker banana plugs make the whole speaker sit out from the wall if you know what i mean (they stick out further than the flat back of the speaker)

any ideas, do i need shorter banana plugs???

thanks

mark

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont use the banana plugs!
    If you just unscrew the terminals on the back a bit you can use the hole to clamp the wire instead.

3. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    ah thanks mate

managed to dig out manual and that said same thing.

thanks for replying

4. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing as well,make sure that the speaker isn't being forced when you fit it to the screws,my wall was very uneven and at first I put both the screws in the wall with the same amount sticking out,when I tried to put the speaker on I had to force it quite a bit to get it to go on.
    When I looked closer it was obvious the wall wasn't level,the one screw is now almost all the way in and the other is about half way out,theres a bit of a gap behind the speaker on the one side but at least it now just drops on and off very easily whereas before it felt like it was under a lot of tension.