help help help quick decision needed

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Mark31385, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Mark31385

Mark31385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi all i have a KEF PSW3500 sub at the mo but the cabinet resonates when i use it. The thing i need help with is i have been offered an exchange for the same sub or the choice of the KEF HTB2 the one that comes with the 3005se setup. Which one would you go for or what are your opinions thanks

2. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    I've not heard either but the one looks like a subwoofer with a bit of styling to try and blend in to a room, the other looks like someone tried to make a piece of a furniture into a subwoofer....

One has a 12" driver, the other has a 10 with another passive radiator.... as such i'd say the PSW3500 is likely to drop lower, given cabinet size and speaker size, the online retails prices seem to be 30% higher for the 3500 too, thus suggesting that even Kef believe it is of higher calibre

I'm struggling to see any reason, other than aesthetics, as to why you'd swap... but as i said, i've not heard either!

3. Mark31385

Mark31385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well the PSW3500 is quite good, however i have hit the cones limit or the cabinets limit on a few occasions so am wondering if the same will do it or go for the other one

4. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    If you've hit the limit of the, on paper, superior subwoofer then i think you'll be in the same place later on as i cannot see how the HTB2 is better in any way!

Maybe you need to be looking at something a bit more industrial such as a Monolith or something from SVS....