help! help! help! brains required

geomuss

Somebody please help!

trying to remember the name of an outdoor game in the late 70's early 80's

you had 2 players who had like to kite handles each in the middle was an rugby ball shaped orange plastic thing, that you used to pull the strings apart to get it back and forth!

please someone tell me the name of this toy!

2 brownie points for the winner!

Singh400

Distinguished Member
And did this thing used to spin around like crazy when you pulled the strings correctly?

Because if so, I remember playing with that thing. Fricking dangerous I tell ya.

geomuss

And did this thing used to spin around like crazy when you pulled the strings correctly?

Because if so, I remember playing with that thing. Fricking dangerous I tell ya.

god your a genius ! and thanks for the link think me might order that for myself sorry sorry meant the kids! :smashin:

geomuss

mods you may close this thread becuase an old man is very happy now and can sleep in peace tonight :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

geomuss

oh and if anyone does buy it remember and watch the knuckles cause that ball bloody stung you! :devil:

geomuss

sorry singh that god like comment was meant for the MOD. but hey you can be one as well! :smashin: :smashin:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Imagine going into a shop and having to ask for a "Ball Sliding Toss Game" :eek:

L

lisa burrell

past on by my friend John who i asked had a good responce with this with a friend of his

Whoosh
I'm pretty sure the name is correct. It was a yard game with two nylon strings with handles on either end. There was a hollow football shaped piece that was transported from person to person via the nylon strings. One person holding one end of each string would stretch their arms out and the hollow football would travel the length of the nylon strings to the other person, who would perform the same motion and drive it back to the other person. We had alot of fun with it.

Whoosh
unreal. my brother and I played that game back in the day... we are both early 40s now, and want to try to purchase one. tried to "WHOOSH" in a google search, nothing of that name came up.. its the right discription, seems to be wrong name of the game, someone help pleaseeee

[email protected]~~

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom