Question Help - HDMI ARC Setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by TopDog0310, Oct 28, 2018.

1. TopDog0310

TopDog0310
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

Apologies if it’s been answered already... I don’t think it has. I have a complex situation and I’m searching for the perfect setup.

I have:
    • LG webOS TV 43UJ750V-ZB
    • Samsung soundbar HW-H450
    • Sky Q
    • Xbox one
    I am trying to run these through the HDMI ARC so all the sound comes from the soundbar and subwoofer.

My previous setup was flawed; I had Sky running through the Xbox.
    I have decided against that now, and want them to operate independently of each other, so am now using a HDMI switcher.

In both methods, when using Netflix app (etc) on the LG TV, the audio present is the Sky/Xbox instead of the Smart TV app.

How can I work around this for the audio to play whatever is on display on the screen?

Also, in the same room (connected to my PC), I have Logitech Z323 speakers and a small subwoofer. Is there anyway I can set these up to operate with the Samsung soundbar?
    In a perfect world, I’d still like these to play sound from the PC (when in use).

Thanks guys

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,433
    If CEC/ARC is working for you there is no need for an HDMI Switch - connect your Sources to the TV then the TV ARC port to the Soundbar ARC port and configure CEC/ARC.

Joe