1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! HC-itis

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PJTX100, Jan 11, 2005.

1. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Having sort of drifted into Home Cinema upgrade mode only a couple of months ago, I've now managed to blow around £1600 on...

TX100
    Pio 575
    BK XLS200 sub (ordered today)
    home made screen
    home made ceiling bracket
    various cables

Though I can perhaps convince myself that this haul ain't bad for the price of, say, a HS50 alone I am getting increasingly concerned that I'm coming down with a common affliction around here, namely Home Cinema-itis. I am also even more worried that, if left untreated, it may develop into the more serious variety of this disease... Upgrade-itis.

Is there any therapy available for this condition? Or can any of you sufferers out there offer first hand advice? :lease:

I think it's getting more serious day by day...PJ

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    First, you have to identify what aspect of your system are not to your liking. :)

From that lot I think a decent screen is probably the obvious one, a Draper isn't particularly expensive but will probably give you a nice boost in PQ.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Thanks KraGorn.

I think the disease is in its early stages, improvement pains are currently very mild, though I did go through a bad patch last night. I think it was the sight of a silver screen with 6.0 gain which set them off.

Do you think the doctor can help?

...PJ

4. hansrob9

hansrob9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think if you still have concerns, it means that you have some money / credit card / other available and until this is completely exhausted, you'll keep having the HC-itis, Upgrade-itis, etc...
    So go on! Blow the rest of your cash on some really cool kit, you know you want it, after which you'll :
    1/have a really good kit
    2/won't have any cash available so you'll be cured!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The doctor may not be able to help but I'm sure your friendly Mastercard provider will .. or buy now, pay in 12 months as I've just done. :devil: