1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Having new buyers crisis.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Josh Bear, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Josh Bear

Josh Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Please help. Some of you will know I ordered a Hitachi 42PD3000 on Saturday for £3895. The screen will not arrive until next week and I am having a new buyers regret thing going on.

Tonight I found myself looking at my 32" CRT and saying "it's a lovely set why do I need to change?"

Please can I have some words of encouragement / support in my time of being weak willed.

Thanks

Josh
    :eek:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I recently aquired a Panny Plasma & after ordering and awaiting it's arrival I sat looking at my CRT set thinking, "did I really need to spend all that money, this CRT sets not bad."

It was like being 5 years old on Xmas morning again when it arrived & after getting it set up, watching Sky (better than I was expecting thru Iscan Ultra) & DVDs (Awesome) I haven't regtretted it.

Already when I go back to watch the the 10" samller CRT set I think it looks really small (apart from the rear view) & I'd never go back.

Fret not it will bring a smile to your face every day & will look better in your house than it did hanging on the wall at some demo :D

3. Josh Bear

Josh Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for the comforting words:) . I am going to print this off and read every time I get a crisis.

thanks

Josh

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Josh Bear...

?!??!? Come on my friend!!!! Didn't we go through all that in the other thread you raised... "should I change to plasma" So many of us answered you to put your mind and soul at rest! In case you missed my input...:

Josh Bear,

Since I got my plasma, precisely two months ago, I would never ever go back to CRT (..but we do have the old 32" CRT in the bedroom now..) However, with two very young children, Cbeebies is the worst offending logo. It has now been banned for the plasma and they can watch it upstairs on a small TV through the videosender. Occasionally, they can watch on the plasma for < less than an hour. You could then see the after-image non permanent effect which disapperars as we immediately play some non logo other material. Check www.logofreetv.org.uk

On the other hand the key advantages of plasma over CRT which are extremely important to me:

* Perfect focus
    * No geometric distortion
    * No susceptibility to magnetic fields
    * Even light output

...hope it helps! RELAX! You will enjoy the plasma world!
    For many of us, there is no way back to CRT!

5. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Get it on the wall.
    Stand back in a legs apart stance.
    Admire your beast
    Growl like a tiger
    Be a real man.

6. Ally

Ally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn I'm so excited. My Panny is being packed ready to ship. My JS box arrived yesterday ordered via Joe Fernand - good service- just waiting now for the bracket and cables. I too had the crisis of confidence but thats in the past now. I found that browsing through the 'Get it out for the lads'...thread quite inspiring and most of my reservations evaporated after this. Just got to decide whether I chisel out a channel in my plasterboard for the cables...ooops...must dash TNT van outside....ITS the Van Damme cables...sexy!!!

Ally

PS I can recommend dealing with Joe Fernands company TMF solutions. Great service.

7. gileso

gileso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're really sad, like me, you'll be pleased to know that the Cbeebies bedtime hour (6pm-7pm) now has a rotating channel / moon logo. I'd like to think its on response to our complaints, but its probably just a gimmick.

Oh, and before you ask, I do have a young child as an excuse...

8. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    gileso...
    thanks... I did spot the rotating log between 6-7pm... and yes I do think our complaints must have done that...Ha!

9. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I had my Panasonic 42" running next to my CRT for a week as I was selling the CRT...... trust me it's worth it!