Help! Having difficulty choosing between Philips 58PUS9006 vs Samsung Q60A QLED vs LG 55NANO85

Pamu

Novice Member
Unfortunately, an OLED TV is out of my budget and for now these are my current options. Most of the use would be old media / streaming and PS3 gaming or maybe 4.

Current Prices in £
LG 55NANO85 - 675.22 £
Philips 58PUS9006 - 723.53 £
Samsung Q60A QLED - 578.63 £

also

Philips The One 58PUS8505 - 675,22 £
LG 55NANO85 - 675,22 £

For references cheap OLED LG A1 1062 £

P:S my current TV that isn't working is a 2012 LG plasma TV that cant be fixed.
thanks

ab12

£749 for most likely the same panel as the A1 or pay £40 extra for 120Hz and better sound.
Both have 5 Year Warranty Included.

Pamu

Novice Member
Right now, is the best time to buy because in Sweden, we usually have huge discount, for two weeks after Christmas with even better prices than Black Friday Sales.

My budget isn't 700 £, it is from 500 to 700. Even in 700 I am stretched to the max.
Again the only gaming I do is on PS3 and streaming Netflix.
How about the Xiaomi 55" P1 for 540 £

Dodgexander

Perhaps I wrote my reply wrong. Its not really the timing of the purchase that's bad, its the budget. You can't get anything worthwhile until you are reaching the starter HDR models in my guide:

Pamu

Novice Member
Damn, guess I'll be watching Netflix on my laptop in 2022 (・o・), what a great start.

On a serious note, I have noticed that the cheapest OLED is the LG A1 and I don't really think Samsung will be making anything cheaper. Maybe hisence but there are only few cheap modes available in Sweden.

Dodgexander

If you can find last year's models cheap you may find a good deal. The Hisense U8Q is a good HDR TV and is still available cheap in the UK. The U8G that replaces it in 2021 is a worse TV.

Hisense also have some OLED models, but its worth spending more on the ones mentioned instead in the guide. Philips OLED706 is a popular choice, or Panasonic JZ980. Last year's OLED705 and HZ980.

All these TVs would be pro HDR TVs. Above even the semi-pro ones in the guide.

Pamu

Novice Member
Right Now price list for them are

Philips OLED706 - 900 £
Hisense U8Q - 900 £
Panasonic JZ980 - 1350 £
Philips OLED705 - 1350 £
Panasonic HZ980 - 1350 £

Waaayy over the budget

P.S. the prices are from SWEDISH store

Dodgexander

That's unfortunate. U8Q should be cheaper than that.
You may think it sounds ridiculous, but in all honesty, I just wouldn't buy anything for less than those, there's nothing good value.

From 2021 ranges, you don't want to be going lower than Samsung Q80A or LG A1/Philips OLED706 unless you have a plan to avoid HDR.

No local availability on older Philips OLED705? LG BX? LG CX? Sony A8H?

Pamu

Novice Member
That's unfortunate. U8Q should be cheaper than that.
You may think it sounds ridiculous, but in all honesty, I just wouldn't buy anything for less than those, there's nothing good value.

From 2021 ranges, you don't want to be going lower than Samsung Q80A or LG A1/Philips OLED706 unless you have a plan to avoid HDR.

No local availability on older Philips OLED705? LG BX? LG CX? Sony A8H?
Unfortunately, they're all out of stock for older models.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom