• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP ! have I got the right optical cable?

DrussTheLegend

Established Member
Hi, I believe (but am happy to be corrected) thate there is only one main type of optical/toslink (see here: TOSLINK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) there are mini tolsinks that are round and require adapters which are dirt cheap. I have had issues in the past where one didnt seem to fit but it was just a very snug fit anf the other time i was just putting it in wrong. Have a check, there are two cut away corners on the connection, make sure it is going in the right way.

Hope this is of help!

Wh05apk

Established Member
Thanks, never used these before, once it is the correct way around, is it just a case of "forcing" it in? it has a bulbous head, so presumably it will be snug?

anorax25

Established Member
What's the Panasonic model number? Connectivity to these all-in-ones are limited.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
It's Monday morning, you're forgiven.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom