HELP ! have I got the right optical cable?

Wh05apk

Established Member
Reaction score
Need some help please, I have just bought a Samsung 46ES7000 and looking to connect a Pannasonic surround sound system, previously used HDMI, but fed up of having to keep switching cables to use x box etc.

I have bought this: XO 2m Ultra High Resolution Professional Digital: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

however although the sockets on the tv/surround look the "right" size & shape, the lead will not go in, is this the wrong lead?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi, I believe (but am happy to be corrected) thate there is only one main type of optical/toslink (see here: TOSLINK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) there are mini tolsinks that are round and require adapters which are dirt cheap. I have had issues in the past where one didnt seem to fit but it was just a very snug fit anf the other time i was just putting it in wrong. Have a check, there are two cut away corners on the connection, make sure it is going in the right way.

Hope this is of help!

Thanks, never used these before, once it is the correct way around, is it just a case of "forcing" it in? it has a bulbous head, so presumably it will be snug?

Just realised, it is me being a t**t, the "bulbous" bits are just protectors!

What's the Panasonic model number? Connectivity to these all-in-ones are limited.

It's Monday morning, you're forgiven.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom