help harmony 525 with sony bdp-360

brian.w

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just needed some help/info i am about to get the sony bdp-360 which was on offer from amazon and i do happen to have a harmony 525 remote still sealed in pack.
I see to make this blu ray on the dvd side multi region you can or have to use another remote,i was having a quick look on the posts of the harmony hack and confused as to how this work or what i do,and i cant contact the guys to ask what i do so hoping you can help.
What do i do?As my remote is still sealed in pack does this connect to a computer or something?im sure i read that somewhere.
Anyway what am i supposed to do really here.
As the blu ray is on the way again i can try or set this up yet,but when say its all ready to go and set up,i wanted to know will my harmony 525 work to hack it?and if someone could help me out on what i do or where i start that would be great.

I was thinking or read that you can get some sort of on4all remote that does the hack but this would mean me having to buy one,dont really want to buy one when i maybe have this harmony to do the job,would be such a waste of money to get another remote if not needed.

Say i did not look into this remote hack thing wiht the player and remote will this always be available as i might not want to set up the player at this time but later date,so would be good if i could save the info,copy or keep the instructions on this aside if i needed it.

thanks

so will the harmony 525 i already own do the job or do i need to get this one that was mentioned on this form from argos:

One For All 5 Way Comfort Remote Control.
534/7892

i also see this is on offer:

One For All 6 Way Remote Control.
535/6209

What would you guys recommend,i already own the harmony 525 and i was told the 5 way comfort was what was needed for the sony bdp360 and i also have read somewhere that this 6 way remote will do it as well,but if my harmony works fine then why waste money on the argos ones

In case you haven't spotted the thread, there's a guide to using the 525 for the hack here.

I'm planning to give it a go later today - a member has already posted thanks, saying it worked for them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom