• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help hanging projector screen from ceiling

ymo1965

Standard Member
I have just treated myself to a 92" Allcam projector screen and i would like to hang it from the ceiling. I am having some problems though and hoping anybody with experience in this field could help.

The screen itself 'PCW92MM' weighs 5kg according to amazon, yet many forum posts iv read havent mentioned a screen this low. Could this be in error or sound about right?

Anyway, i live in a flat where there is a flat above me. Is this going to cause issues as i cant lay extra timber above the ceiling because of this. Secondly i cannot find a heavy duty screw in type of hook to hold the screen up. I have tried B&Q and other d.i.y online stores and cant believe this kind of fixing isnt readily available. All i see are the ones suitable for masonary, the anchor type. I get the impression from info iv read online that anchor hooks are not suitable for something of this kind of weight hanging from the ceiling.

I have considered wall mounting it but that would bring other problems. One problem is that the walls are just plasterboard, and second is the screen itself would have to go over a door and i suspect the screen will hit the door frame as its coming down.

Any info on ceiling fixings would be extremely appreciated. I do have some wall fixings that came with the screen and not 100% sure if they will be ok for plasterboard.

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom