Quantcast

HELP- green spot in middle of LG OLED

BrycieBiTDI

Novice Member
Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but I bought my 55” LG OLED in November 2016 and I’ve just had this problem occur for a second time. Knowhow fixed it previously by replacing the panel a year or two ago. Seems like this will continue to come back within a year or two until I’m out of Curry’s 5 year warranty and no longer get it repaired foc.

Big edd

Novice Member
Hi all,
I purchased an LG B7V from Richer Sounds in May 2018 with a 6 year guarantee. Back last month it developed this green patch centre of the panel. After reading quite a few forums shows this is an occurring fault with LG Oleds.
After over two weeks of contacting Richer Sounds and waiting for their service team I phoned their customer services this afternoon. They told me to contact LG customer services. They have asked me to send images on their WhatsApp and will contact me shortly.
Gutting really when you pay a premium price for an Oled and this is the result.

Attachments

GLW

Hi all,
I purchased an LG B7V from Richer Sounds in May 2018 with a 6 year guarantee. Back last month it developed this green patch centre of the panel. After reading quite a few forums shows this is an occurring fault with LG Oleds.
After over two weeks of contacting Richer Sounds and waiting for their service team I phoned their customer services this afternoon. They told me to contact LG customer services. They have asked me to send images on their WhatsApp and will contact me shortly.
Gutting really when you pay a premium price for an Oled and this is the result.
Purchased mine July 2018 and same problem you are showing. Notified LG and they said it was dealers problem and to notify them. They did nothing and the extended warranty co I bought would not do anything either.

BrycieBiTDI

Novice Member
So Knowhow are now saying they can’t complete a repair on my screen this time as LG (along with every other manufacturer) no longer make 3D panels. They’re offering a £1200 voucher to buy an equivalent species LG screen when ours was £2100! P!$$ed off does not cover it.

henryc148

Novice Member
So Knowhow are now saying they can’t complete a repair on my screen this time as LG (along with every other manufacturer) no longer make 3D panels. They’re offering a £1200 voucher to buy an equivalent species LG screen when ours was £2100! P!$$ed off does not cover it.
Hi BrycieBiTDi
Looks like they are offering replacement MINUS the usage , Purchased 2016 (3-4 years use) at maybe 10 % per year (poss 13% ) These figures I got from working back wards from some of the threads, ONLY a guess tho' . Try and see if you can get a better deal? who knows.

BrycieBiTDI

Novice Member
Hi BrycieBiTDi
Looks like they are offering replacement MINUS the usage , Purchased 2016 (3-4 years use) at maybe 10 % per year (poss 13% ) These figures I got from working back wards from some of the threads, ONLY a guess tho' . Try and see if you can get a better deal? who knows.

Yeah I’m sure they’re working it out on current market value of mine, but I’m my opinion if I’m covered by a warranty, I should be given a product equivalent to what I bought. I have asked them to go away and consider offering me a better model. They should be responding today hopefully, but I suspect tomorrow. Will update the thread.

diffsky

Standard Member
LG has repaired my OLED65C7P.AUS out of warranty after they identified there was an issue with the panel. A locally contracted service repair was arranged and the entire panel was swapped out.

The repair technician said that when replacing these panels they are also supplied with a new TC (timing control) unit (the big pink arrow) and that the wires coming from the unit are new/thicker (the small purple arrows). Hopefully these additional changes to a panel swap mean the issue won't re-occur.

IMG_9938.jpg

Obviously I'm happy the unit is now working. The overall process with LG to get the fix done for this failure (out of warranty) was very good.

happyotter

Novice Member
View attachment 1242391View attachment 1242392

I purchased an LG OLED Feb 2017. Noticed the green/blue spots Dec 2018. Finally found this forum and contacted LG via Facebook Messenger Jan 2020 at the recommendation of another poster. They were super nice helpful and constructive. They’ve sent a new panel and scheduled a technician to come to my house to replace it next week, all for free. So far so good! Happy for LG!
Update: Service center called me this morning and said the panel arrived, they installed it same-day and I’m back in action! LG really came through. Great customer service through Facebook Messenger after multiple disappointing phone calls.

New panel is silver-backed instead of black and it’s a different part number so hope they’ve resolved the issue so it won’t come back.

Fixed:

Attachments

cmjesquire

Novice Member
Questions for everyone.

1. For those out of warranty, how much has it cost to repair the TV?
2. For those in warranty and out of warranty, how long has it taken to repair from the date you first called it in for repair to the date it was finally repaired?
3. Would any of you be interested in being a plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against LG to recoup your repair costs? You would have to be in the U.S.

happyotter

Novice Member
Questions for everyone.

1. For those out of warranty, how much has it cost to repair the TV?
2. For those in warranty and out of warranty, how long has it taken to repair from the date you first called it in for repair to the date it was finally repaired?
3. Would any of you be interested in being a plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against LG to recoup your repair costs? You would have to be in the U.S.
1. $0.00
2. Out of warranty, 17 days b/c part was backordered
3. No

Theitalianjob76

Novice Member
New guy here my oled55b6p has green blob in it I have square trade since day 1 bought it in 2017 still has warranty with square trade I called them about the issue I was told send pictures so I did there saying its burn image but LG saying its was pixel discoloration
Sorry for me English I'm italian
Thank you

Attachments

henryc148

Novice Member
Hi Everyone, Final up-date. NEW panel to my Loewe 55" (lg panel) now no green spot. Ths was the last loewe panel so fingers crossed that it lasts a lot longer than 2-3 years.
Good luck everyone with their issues.