1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! Got svga lead for laptop and Sammy. No pic for movies etc on Sammy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mistycat, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an svga lead to go from my Toshiba Satellite to the Sammy. I worked it all out so the laptop displays on the Sammy and is a great display. The problem is that when I play a video clip that I have downloaded or a dvd in the dvd drive, I get no picture on the sammy. This happens when I use Windows Media or Intervideo dvd. I get the programme screen but nothing on it. The laptop is fine. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE. :mad:

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,504
    It's probably because the Sammy is acting as the secondary monitor and when you play dvds the picture only appears on the primary monitor (which I suspect will be your laptop screen). Can you make the Sammy the primary display? I'm not sure how laptops work in this respect I have to admit but I suspect that's what the problem is...

3. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Andy, it does say something like that in the TV instructions. Will give it a go. I think I know how to do it. Maree