• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! Giving up the will to live!

chrisba

After numerous problems I’ve finally got round to setting up my system in my dedicated room and I’ve got a problem I can not solve!

My projector is displaying “Source Detected” and the AVR is playing the sound but no picture is displayed from any of the sources I have tried.

I have connected my PS4 and my laptop to test it and 2 different HDMI cables.

I have connected the PS4 directly to the projector and the picture appears instantly.

Now that I’ve typed all that it seems pretty obvious that the issue lies with the AVR but I can not get to the bottom of it and it’s driving me mental!

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
After numerous problems I’ve finally got round to setting up my system in my dedicated room and I’ve got a problem I can not solve!

My projector is displaying “Source Detected” and the AVR is playing the sound but no picture is displayed from any of the sources I have tried.

I have connected my PS4 and my laptop to test it and 2 different HDMI cables.

I have connected the PS4 directly to the projector and the picture appears instantly.

Now that I’ve typed all that it seems pretty obvious that the issue lies with the AVR but I can not get to the bottom of it and it’s driving me mental!

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!
What AVR are you using dude?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
It might be worth doing a factory reset of the AVR (I believe a reset of the microprocessor is the way Denon describe it)

D

Deleted member 24354

I would also consider that it maybe a cable issue between the projector and the AVR, but try @Jamie ’s suggestion first.

chrisba

I would also consider that it maybe a cable issue between the projector and the AVR, but try @Jamie ’s suggestion first.

That was my first thought however I have used the same cables (tried 3 different HDMI cables) to connect directly to the PS4 and the picture is displayed instantly.

gibbsy

That's certainly not too long to cause distance problems.

chrisba

What makes it even more frustrating is I had it working with the exact same set up a few weeks ago until I took it apart to finish decorating

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Have you tried any display other than your projector?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Whilst your doing it, if you get an image, make sure you set the avr video output so match what your projector is. You’ve not mentioned what projector you’ve got, but this could be one of the issues.

chrisba

Actually no.

Time to test it on one of the Tv’s!

I’ll let you know in 5 minutes!

No picture on the tv either.

The TV does however recognise that there is an input on the port but still doesn’t give a picture.

Tested direct connection from PS4 to TV with the same HDMI cable and it worked straight away.

chrisba

Whilst your doing it, if you get an image, make sure you set the avr video output so match what your projector is. You’ve not mentioned what projector you’ve got, but this could be one of the issues.

No image unfortunately.

For what it’s worth the projector is a brand new BenQ 1070.

D

Deleted member 24354

Given that it is nearly 8 years old there is a strong likelihood that the HDMI board has failed. This model (1912) was known for blowing HDMI boards.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

chrisba

Given that it is nearly 8 years old there is a strong likelihood that the HDMI board has failed. This model (1912) was known for blowing HDMI boards.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

I’ve come to that conclusion and have spent the last half an hour pricing a replacement. A really shame as it’s only been used for about 30 minutes since I bought it.

MikeHoy

Can you get output from the analogue connections direct to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom