Help getting TV audio through Samsung HT-THQ25 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Gooner4_1998, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Gooner4_1998

Gooner4_1998

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having trouble with the above home cinema system and hoped someone might have an answer for me!

Got the system all set up and it works fine except I can't for the life of me work out how to run the TV audio through the speakers!!!! I read the maunual cover to cover and no joy. I'm sure I must be missing something!

I use the aux for my ipod and was wondering if I need to use it for the tv audio?

Any help would be much appreciated as its driving me insane!

Thanks on advance.

2. nry

nry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I am guessing (the same goes for my TV) that yes, you'd need to route it's audio into the AUX input of the amp. Worth a try at least, if it doesn't work at least you know!

3. Gooner4_1998

Gooner4_1998

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that appears to work, thanks. Only problem I have now is that I can't play my ipod through the aux. Does an aux splitter exist?! I'm pretty sure it doesn't! I could always change the leads each time but thats gonna get messy!

Tried playing my ipdo through the USB but can't make head nor tales of the menu and can' search for any songs! In order to findthe one I want i'd need to go through each song individually!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

4. nry

nry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The AUX input I am guessing uses phono leads? Phono splitters are pennies at places like Maplins, you should be able to rig something up that will work, though you'd need to ensure if you use your iPod the TV is off, and vice-versa.

5. borofoga

borofoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The Samsung website says the THQ25 plays wmv files, is this correct?