1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help getting the correct resolution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dien230, Jan 18, 2005.

1. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys i'm using a radeon 9200se vga card to connect my dreamweaver 2 projector with a vga cable. the native resolution of my projector is 1024x576.However the problem is that when i' m using powerstrip to output this resolution the picture i get looks horrible. The size i'm getting is correct but some of the pixels are blury and some are intertwined (aliasing) in the picture.

HAS ANYBODY HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH THE ABOVE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ??? AND IF SO DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE CORRECT SETTINGS FOR THIS SITUATION ????????

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Which projector have you got?

I've seen this on an nVidia 5900, where 1:1 mapping still caused some sort of aliasing, not on a Radeon though.

Are you sure you've activated the 1024x576 setting? Does your projector have an 'info' display which tells you what signal it's seeing?

3. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my projector is dreamvision dreamweaver 2.
    sorry actually my problem is not the aliasing, it seems as if some of the vertical lines are not visible (after i activate the 1024x576 setting) after playing a little with the powerstrip timings i managed getting a better picture but still looked bad !!! (can't get the 1:1 mapping)
    I'll try to get you some pictures so you can understand exactly what i'm telling you.

4. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i' m trying to get the 1:1 map using 1024x576 (projector's native resolution) without any success.
    When though i use 1024x768 with a few settings on my projector i get the 1:1 map (without any aliasing) but part of top and bottom is missing.

Here are some aditional questions:

1. If i connect my pc with the projector with a dvi cable i will still have the same problem???

2. My graphics card does not natively support 1024x576. Will i get better results if i can get a graphics card that natively support 1024x576 ????

5. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many many thanks for your interest!!!!! :)

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    First, sorry I asked what projector you have, you stated that right at the beginning. :blush:

Not sure what to suggest, it's conceivable the projector doesn't support native resolution input, not unknown, at least one plasma's like that too.

Graphics cards don't have a native resolution, as you know they support several, Powerstrip is there to set up others which the graphics drivers don't automatically provide, none that I have ever seen 'know' 1024x576 without Powerstrip's assistance.

It's possible it may accept different resolutions via DVI, the manual would be the place to look, I'll try to find one on the web. I've found the 'dreamvision dreamscape' with that's a 1280x720 machine costing nigh on £7k. :eek:

7. mikeyavman

mikeyavman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried refresh rates?

8. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a little bit, yes

9. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help...

on friday or saturday i will try to use all the timings i collected hoping that i will get a match.
    i will also try to send you some pictures so you can see whats going wrong

If you have any timing values for powerstrip on 1024x576 resolution they would be more than welcomed!!!!

10. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    When I had a Sharp projector I used the 1024x576 setting I found in the list that comes with Powerstrip and got 1:1 perfectly, is it this one you've tried and not had much luck with?

11. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually yes. In the list there were 3 settings for 1024x576 and as you said i had no luck with it (i downloaded the latest version of powerstrip, 3.5.7)

12. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    'Fraid I have no other ideas, I can't think of any other reason than the projector won't accept native resolution .. as a last resort all I can think of is contact Dreamvision and ask their advice.

13. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    robin thanks for your advice, already sent them the email so they can look it up.
    If you don't mind i would like to make another question, Is there a way to figure the timing values myself...? i mean is there an equation to calculate the values or is it a "try and error thing" ??????
    I will also try a new thing tonight and if it works you will be the first to know.

14. dien230

dien230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone who help me solve my problem. I Finally managed to figure out what was needed.
    I used the standard 1024x768 resolution and just modified that so that it gave me 576 active vertical lines.
    From there all i had to do was just a little tuning in powerstrip for the output image position and size.
    That was it, now i have a perfect 1:1 mapping !!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

these are the final timing values for anyone who might have the same problem !! :)

PowerStrip timing parameters:
    1024x576=1024,30,56,218,576,96,31,103,64157,272

Generic timing details for 1024x576:
    HFP=30 HSW=56 HBP=218 kHz=48 VFP=96 VSW=31 VBP=103 Hz=60

Linux modeline parameters:
    "1024x576" 64.157 1024 1054 1110 1328 576 672 703 806 +hsync +vsync