1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help getting best price for panasonic Panasonic TH42PE30 viera??????????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by foxyuk13, Oct 20, 2004.

1. foxyuk13

foxyuk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    best i can find is £2299..................

going to get jl to price match rather than wait 1 month for new samsung....

AND YES THEY ARE GIVING FREE STAND/DVD RECORDER AS ITS A PANASONIC PROMO (ALREADY ASKED)

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Foxy,

Which JL told you today they are giving the free stand + DVDR?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Where the hell is it £2299??????

4. foxyuk13

foxyuk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    What happened to your SAMSUNG?
    JL matched em did they.......interesting.....

6. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which JL?

7. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wont JL also match a price up to a month after purchase? I price matched a 37" Viera with Krish at £1999, but that store has it for £1899.

With regards to the Panny promotion, apparently you can get the free floor stand, plus either a free DMR-E55 DVD recorder or £250 off a DMR-E85 DVD/HDD recorder (even if it is against a price match).

They wont let me have the pedestal stand free instead of the floor stand though. :(

Andy.

8. Clexane

Clexane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I toured the JL in Oxford street. No stand and no DVD Recorder. Which JL and if possible who you talked to. Will save in the inevitable debate. Thats a cracker of a price for all that kit if they will do it...

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    AV sales will.............

10. Clexane

Clexane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will AV Sales do all the above kit for £2,299 ??? I looked at their site and its listed for £2943.

11. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Blindlemon,
    I take it you've had no trouble with JL Bristol pricematching and supplying a stand/recorder?
    I don't know if you read my earlier post but I turned down a pricematch offer for the 37thpe30 at £1985 when JL refused to include these Pana freebies. The bloke was adamant, claimed that he'd checked with his department manager etc.

12. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was what I was told would be the case on Saturday. But apparently all the stores have had a memo today saying that pricematches on plasmas must be like-for-like and that the free stand + DVDR is not to be added on top of a TV-only pricematch :mad:

The only thing for it now seems to be to get the best pricematch on the TV and buy the stand yourself.

The way JL are wriggling over this implies that they have been burned by their own policy and that staff are now being told to resist at all costs. One JL person even tried to tell me today that the JL 5-year guarantee would cost me £699 because the store they were price-matching didn't include an extended guarantee :eek: This was later contradicted by somebody else in another store.

JL Liverpool also seem to have now "lost" all record of the extension to my reservation that they agreed on Saturday. Do I really want to buy a £3k TV from this company?

Horny, will JL match AV-Sales?

13. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first of all you should check out (thread) everthing plus more for £2999.
    secondly jl will price match and sre still currently doing 42"£2999 37"£2399 both include stand and dmre 55 or £250 off dmre 85 that offer is on until 31st 12/04 the prices are matched with selfridges at the trafford center and as far as i am aware there is no memo doing the rounds i spoke to a panny rep the other day and the offer is working to well for panny so they are slow on producing stands at the mo (no jl has the stands )so you have to put everything on order jl can not take the panny offer away from you , they have to price match with selfridges as long as they have stock, and the will not and can not charge you for the warranty if your local jl will not price match then go down speak to the manager and get him to phone cheadle. or you do it yourselves 01614914914. and if you had one reserved but they have lost reservation you should have a customer number to quote so thats your reference

14. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
  15. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Doubt it mate....... Just buy it from AV sales........ At least they know what they are doing............ and offer the best deal on mixed accessories... IE what use is a free flooorstand if you want it wall mounted??? Like wise a DMR-E55 if you have a Tosh RX32??????
    However a wall mount and surround sound system could be just what you want!

16. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looking at Bcard T&C's, there is a £500 maximum per claim, so if the diff. is > £500 tough. Also, the goods have to be identical, and it specifies warranty as well, so you may have a problem buying from JL who give 5 yr guarantee vs other stores who don't.

On the plus side, it is valid for internet retailers, not just shops like JL price match, as long as you can show the checkout page etc. with detailed goods. This is good to know.

17. RFK

RFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen Digital Direct price of £2304 for a 42" Viera plus stand at £393 makes £2697 for the package which is the cheapest I've seen. Are you saying that some places are throwing in a free floor stand?

18. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    All panny consumer dealers can do a free stand and DMR-E55 with any veira plasma mate.............AV-sales throw the lot in for £2940 ish delivered.......

19. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hornydragon,
    Are you saying that the Panny offer is available to all outlets selling Panny plasmas?
    Some outlets I've contacted claim to know nothing of the offer, are they just being economical with the truth?

20. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the T&C's for the Barclaycard Price Promise it states one of the exclusions as...

"2. Any items for which a claim has been made or could be made using the retailer's own lowest price guarantee or other agreement"

As JL offers ther own price match service I think that stops you claiming back from Barclaycard.

Andy.

21. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    To all who buy from Panasonic Consumer UK.... SO those that dont know about it are:
    A: Stupid
    B: trying to seriously fleece you
    C: Not buying stock from Panny consumer UK (so where the hell is it coming from???)
    I'll let you make your own choice!!!!!

22. Pegleg2001

Pegleg2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Try to get JL to price match the lowest price you can find. It is well documented here who they will or will not match against.

JL Solihull matched for me over the phone at £2,799 against JL Liverpool who, 2 weeks ago or so, were doing a local match on 42" Viera, Stand and E55. So I got a piggy-back price match so to speak (and thanks to the others here who spotted the deal and advised the board). They reserved for 4 days for me.

I then saw a tip that JL do corporate gift vouchers - and if you buy in bulk you get a discount. I ordered and paid for £2,800 over the phone via credit card and got a 2.5% discount (about £70) plus £20 cashback on credit card. Vouchers arrived by special delivery the next morning (a Saturday). Popped over to JL that day to pay for the package - although they were a bit surprised it was all by so many gift vouchers!

Total cost £2,710 including 'peace-of-mind' 5-yr guarantee and free delivery. Cannot fault JL fro customer service and response - they even threw in a IXOS component cable worth £70 for £39.

Now setup. Amazing how the size seems normal so quickly. Wish I had gone for the 50".... :rolleyes:

23. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just been looking on Empire direct site, and on there front pager they have the Viera 42" @ £2,279.91 but when you click the icon to look the price goes up to £2,472.79 ???

24. trebor21

trebor21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think they had that price for like one day or two!
    Seems bit of trick to get there site top of the list on places that compare all the prices!
    Free advertsing nearly!
    I emailed them complaing there price had dropped on tv i had ordered and not reicevd and they put the price back on the site to what it was before still waiting for reply to email but not much point now since price back up to same as when i bought!
    I dont know how they work their pirces up smells fishy!

25. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had already paid for a pricematched 37" Viera (£1999) at JL Kingston and I phoned today regarding the promotion. They happily added the DMR-E85 to my order for £149 (£499 minus the £250 promotional discount). They also offered me the cabinet but I declined as I have ordered the pedestal.

Andy.

26. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my 42" Viera delivered yesterday!

JL price match £2739 including the Screen (obviously), stand, DVD Recorder and 5yr Warranty oh and delviery - fantastic!

My local store matched a price from Crampton & moore in sheffield.

27. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

any news on wether this is gonna happen ?? if i can get the same deal from jl on the same package ill be having one aswell :smashin:

28. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where exactly is panasonic saying they are throwing in the free stand / dvd player?

29. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    in the monthly trade pricelist which is exclusive and confidential to PAnny Consumer UK dealers/account holders

30. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so its official but obviously not something that ppl are shouting about but id certainly be impressed if JL stood by there word and priced matched for that amount