Help - Garmin i3 LOW BATTERY

yoskiwoski

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is the i3 saying low battery, literally only had it about an hour and most of that time was plugged in to lighter socket!!

chances are it needs a good charge before use. if youve been playing with it in the first hour, youve been using any charge up as fast as the charger is trying to put power into it.
when youve finished exploring the device, switch it off, and give it a good charge. next time you go to it, it should be fine.
it probably says somewhere in your handbook about its first charge, its similar to a new mobile phone, probably been on a shelf in a warehouse for a few weeks since manufacture

i just googled it, and got the following
THE BAD: Needs two AA batteries to power away from the car.
so chances are the 2 x AA batteries are dead then

In the settings you can choose an option wether you use Ni-Cad or Alkaline batterys. If you are using Ni-Cad on the Alkaline setting then it will indicate low battery even if they are not. (It will not charge the Ni-Cad batteries! It is only an indication.)

Hope this helps.

cheers both of you. The batteries were new but not alkaliine or ni-cad just bog standard ones, I'll try changing the setting, I don't see why it needs batteries at all if it is plugged to the lighter thingy.

So you can take it for walkies - but not for very long as the power consumption is quite high.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

yoskiwoski said:
cheers both of you. The batteries were new but not alkaliine or ni-cad just bog standard ones, I'll try changing the setting, I don't see why it needs batteries at all if it is plugged to the lighter thingy.

You do not need to use batteries if it is plugged into the lighter socket. Like a lot of Sat Navs this model is VERY heavy on batteries. If you are lucky a set of ni-cads will only last about three to four hours. Changing settings will not make much difference. Switching off the sound might prolong them a bit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom