Help! G20 child lock

Ebcdic

I recently connected a satellite dish to my G20, and recorded a film from a freesat channel onto hard disk. But when I try to watch it, it asks for the child lock PIN. I've never set a PIN, and have never encountered this with the (many) programs I've recorded on Freeview.

A "G" is displayed when I select it in the list of recorded programs, which is presumably related. Do some Freesat programs require the PIN to watch? It's just a James Bond film.

Any suggestions? If I try to set a PIN, it of course wants me to enter the current one. I'd rather not "reset to factory condition".

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I recently connected a satellite dish to my G20, and recorded a film from a freesat channel onto hard disk. But when I try to watch it, it asks for the child lock PIN. I've never set a PIN, and have never encountered this with the (many) programs I've recorded on Freeview.

A "G" is displayed when I select it in the list of recorded programs, which is presumably related. Do some Freesat programs require the PIN to watch? It's just a James Bond film.

Any suggestions? If I try to set a PIN, it of course wants me to enter the current one. I'd rather not "reset to factory condition".
Mate do not worry about it, i encountered it too myself when i recorded Scary Movie 3 it asked me for a pin to watch it too well it said enter new pin so i did then it asks you to confirm it it Dosent reset the tv to factory default it carrys on as normal but you do not get THX mode anymore on the hdd as they are not Thx certified, you get True Cinema which is just the same near as dammit anyway.

Just enter a pin and away you go.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Wierd, try 1234 or 0000 it shouldnt have one set, is the set new?

raydawson

Novice Member
I've had the same problem when I connected a satellite feed - playing the USB recordings require a PIN code to be entered if the programme has a red G for guidance. It doesn't happen on Freeview recordings.

I did check the child lock settings and they are all off so, why does the TV ask for a child lock PIN for recorded G programmes on satellite only.

More importantly, how can I stop it doing it (other than recording the programmes on freeview rather than freesat?)

I know the default PIN is 0000 but it is a pain having to enter it when I have turned child lock off.

Cheers,

Ray D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom